Take your language skills to the next level by participating in Temple's Intensive German language program in Leipzig. The four-week program is designed for undergraduates who have completed at least one semester of university-level German.
Prior to departure for Germany, students register for one of the following courses, according to the appropriate level. You will take a placement test upon arrival to confirm your course. If you have any questions about the academic program or course placement, please contact Dr. Waskie, Program Director and Faculty Advisor.
Academic program notes
- 4-week program, 4 credits
- Courses are taught by local faculty of the University of Leipzig’s Herder Institut, a non-profit association which constitutes the University of Leipzig’s center specializing in German as a foreign language. The Herder Institut has more than 50 years of excellence in advancing German language skills, as well as teaching about the culture and civilization of Germany.
- Upon arrival in Germany, you will take a placement test to confirm your level and course.
- The Temple University faculty advisor oversees the academics during the program.
- Following completion of the program, you will earn credit for the Temple University course equivalent to the level of course you took while in Leipzig.
- Temple students who successfully complete (with a C- or better) credit-bearing coursework worth at least three semester hours in an approved summer or semester study abroad program with a minimum stay abroad of 28-days will satisfy the World Society (GG) requirement.
Four weeks: early June through early July
How to ApplyTake your first step toward an amazing adventure!
We look forward to advising you throughout the application and pre-departure processes. Begin by reviewing all program-specific information, including eligibility, before beginning an application. Be sure to speak with your academic advisor and your study abroad advisor before completing an application. Temple students, please note that you must attend Foundations of Study Abroad before beginning this process.
The information below applies to students interested in Temple Semester, Summer, and Exchange Programs. Students who wish to apply for External Programs should follow the appropriate procedures for applying.
Start by gathering the information you will need to complete the online application:
- Your personal information and contact information (home and school)
- Valid email address and phone number where we can reach you
- Current cumulative GPA
- Passport expiration date, if you already have one. If you are currently applying for or renewing your passport, you can provide us with this information after you apply.
- List of courses you are currently taking
- Name and contact information for your study abroad advisor (non-Temple students) or academic advisor (Temple students)
- Name and contact information for your emergency contact
- Financial aid information from your award letter
You will be able to save your application information and come back to it at any time to continue and check on the status. Supporting documents will be checked off as they are received and processed. There is no final submission button for the application itself. When each of the boxes on your application is checked off, your application will be submitted for review.
If you prefer, you may choose to submit a paper application. If you apply on paper, you will be asked to create an online account once accepted to the program. Please contact us if you would like to request a paper application.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: