Research Grants - Doctoral Programs in Germany / Information Technology Scholarships for Palestinians (PhD)
PhD scholarships are available for all fields, Information Technology scholarships are available for IT sector graduates
- Palestinian MA/MSc holders of all disciplines with excellent grades - well above 80% (or 3/4)
- Information Technology PhD scholarships for IT sector graduates
- Last degree earned no earlier than six years before the application deadline
- Aims at applicants who plan an academic career, candidates must be supported by their respective home university
- Applicants must live and work in Palestine at the time of application
The DAAD portal shuts down at midnight Central European Time (CET) on the last specified application date. After this, it will no longer be possible to apply via the DAAD portal, even if the last application date has not yet finished in your country, due to the time difference.
To be submitted directly to the DAAD IC Jerusalem:
One copy of the printed PDF generated "Application summary"
Two or more recent references / recommendations from a university teacher in a sealed envelope
- Online application - "Research Grants - Doctoral Programs in Germany" / "Information Technology Scholarships for Palestinians"
- Register for the DAAD portal: Registering for DAAD Portal
- Submit application: Submitting an Application
- Full tabular Curriculum Vitae ('CV" - max. 3 pages)
- If applicable, list of publications (max. 10 pages)
- Detailed and explicit project proposal and description of previous research undertaken (max. 10 pages)
- For individual PhD projects supervised by a university teacher /academic adviser: Letter confirming supervision by a university teacher in Germany (academic adviser) & schedule of planned research work
- In the case of planned participation in a structured doctoral study program: evidence of existing contact with the university / graduate school (copies of correspondence), preferable letter of admission to the doctoral program
- Certified English Bachelor & Master certificate & full English transcripts of both
- Certified English university entrance qualification (Tawjihi or equivalent)
- At least two original academic recommendations in sealed envelope - use the form available via the DAAD online portal
- Institutional recommendation by a Palestinian university - the program aims at supporting applicants who plan an academic career
- Study plan / motivation letter
- Photocopy of passport
- TOEFL iBT Test result 79 (550) / IELTS Band 6.5 or above - no older than two years by the application deadline
- Other documents that you consider important for your application (e.g. proof of internships, certificates of employment).
Deadline for the academic year 2018/2019: September 1, 2017
For more information click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: