Indigenous Commonwealth Scholarships
The Indigenous Commonwealth Scholarships Program assists Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students from low socio-economic backgrounds, particularly those from rural and regional areas, with costs associated with higher education.
Scholarship Value: From $2,543 - refer below details
Length of Scholarship: Up to 4 years - Refer below details
Number Available: To be determined
Opening Date: 30 November 2015
Closing Date: 29 January 2016
Award of a Commonwealth Scholarship in on the basis that the applicant meets the Commonwealth Scholarships Guidelines (Education) 2010.
To be eligible for an Indigenous Commonwealth Scholarship applicants:
- must be an Australian citizen;
- must identify as an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person
- must be enrolled in an undergraduate program, associate degree, eligible enabling program, or enrolled in a postgraduate program in an area of National Priority required for initial registration to practice in the chosen National Priority;
- must be a Commonwealth supported student at CQUniversity;
- must be undertaking a full-time study load unless there are exceptional circumstances that prevent you from studying full-time;
- must be in receipt of a Centrelink benefit or can demonstrate low personal/family income;
- must not have already completed the requirements of a course of study (with any provider) regarded to be equivalent to or higher than a bachelor's award, unless such award is a prerequisite to your current undergraduate course of study; and
- can NOT be awarded an Indigenous Enabling CAS or an Indigenous CAS if they are in receipt of a Centrelink Relocation Scholarship or Residential Costs Option.
Scholarship payments will be deposited directly into the successful recipient’s personal bank account by electronic funds transfer after final enrolment checks at Census date. Payment is not instant and the applicants will appreciate that there is a large volume of payments processed during that time. Please be aware that the Student Success Centre endeavours to have payments made to students as soon as possible after Census date.
When payment has been made into successful recipient’s nominated bank account, confirmation will be sent to their official CQUniversity student email address. There will be no advance payments of scholarship money.
To apply for the Indigenous Commonwealth Scholarships:
NOTE: This is for NEW applicants only - if you are a current Indigenous Commonwealth Scholarship recipient please check your student email for details on how to continue your scholarship.
- Read the Commonwealth Scholarship Information for New Applicants
- Complete an Equity Scholarship Application Form (You only need to complete one application form to be considered for all of the following Equity Scholarships - Equity Study Supplement; Equity Accommodation Scholarship;
- Ensure all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined in the Scholarship Guidelines
- Submit your Scholarship Application to the Student Success Centre by the closing date – refer to the Scholarship Application Form for submission options
Please Note: Complete Applications must be received at the Student Success Centre, Scholarships Office by the closing date.
HOW WILL I KNOW THE OUTCOME OF MY APPLICATION?
A selection panel, consisting of representatives from CQUniversity will meet to determine the successful applicants. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications as soon as possible after the selection panel sits.