India Science and Research Fellowship Programme
The dynamics of the 21st century knowledge economy is being progressively driven by scientific and technological capabilities of a nation. The economic growth, prosperity and development of a country is increasingly being determined by its S&T competence and strength rather than its material and resource base. Recognizing that S&T is an important instrument in the growth paradigm, both developed and developing countries have evolved S&T policies to augment and strengthen their research infrastructure and technology intensity. India over the years has evolved a policy and program framework aimed at strengthening research and education infrastructure, building excellence and capacity in science for fostering knowledge creation and promoting innovation. India with its long culture and tradition in science has positioned itself as one of the leading countries in basic research supported through a vast network of apex R&D institutions. India is keen to enter into partnerships with its neighbouring countries to foster closer scientific and technological collaboration through human capacity building in advanced areas of research and development. The India Science and Research Fellowship (ISRF) aims at providing opportunities to researchers and scientists from Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal and Sri Lanka to undertake R&D at premier research and academic institutions in India.
SCOPE AND DURATION OF FELLOWSHIP
India Science and Research Fellowship is to provide opportunity to scientists and researchers from neighbouring countries namely Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal and Sri Lanka to work in contemporary research areas across all major disciplines of science and technology including engineering and medical sciences at premier research laboratories and academic institutions in India. Up to 42 fellowships (for all countries) will be awarded annually under this scheme. The fellowship applications will be considered once a year by a Selection Committee.
- Enable to undertake cutting edge research work in India
- Open to faculty, scientists and researchers in science, engineering and medicine
- Monthly sustenance allowance and one time contingency grant
- Return airfare
- Applicant should be a citizen/permanent resident of the Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Sri Lanka.
- The applicant should be actively engaged in research at a University or research institution in their country in various areas of science and technology including engineering and medical sciences.
- Minimum Qualifications: Ph.D /M.Tech /M.Sc /MBBS with 3-5 years research or teaching experience
- Must be below 45 years of age (as on 31st December of the previous year of selection)
- The applicant should posses a valid passport
- Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in India
HOW TO APPLY:
- Researchers/scientists actively engaged in research at a university or research institution meeting the eligibility criteria should apply using prescribed format (can be downloaded from the websites www.cics.tn.nic.in; www.dst.gov.in) to respective implementing agency in partner country (if available) or CICS, Chennai.
- If the respective implementing agency in partner country is not available, Applications may be submitted as hard copy or scan copy with supporting documents,
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: