ImpactAimers is planning on hosting a fully subsidised four-day youth exchange in Ireland on 13-16 October 2016 to empower 20 young changemakers in Ireland, aged between 18 and 30, to kick-start their career as social entrepreneurs.
Participants will be guided through an exploration of their talents and experience to discover their own unique purpose. The exchange will create meaningful relationships and a sense of belonging to a like-minded community, with the purpose of sparking new collaborations to create social and environmental ventures that will benefit Irish society.
The ImpactAimers youth exchange is unique as it is organised and facilitated entirely by fellow young social entrepreneurs from across Europe and North Africa. The direct involvement of successful young social entrepreneurs ensures that each participant receives personalised support to take the next steps in their journey, as well as authentic and hands-on insights into the life of social entrepreneurs.
The youth exchange will be for people living in the island of Ireland aged 18-30 and will consist of open-space sessions, story-telling, peer-coaching and small group activities. The youth exchange will be an opportunity for Irish changemakers to join a global community of young people who are committed to using social enterprise to achieve positive change.
Applications close at 5pm GMT on Friday, 26th August 2016. Click here to apply and spread the word among your friends!
ImpactAimers envisions a future where young people follow their unique purpose to co-create a better world.
ImpactAimers inspires, connects and empowers a new generation of social entrepreneurs who will leave the youth camp with a renewed sense of hope for and confidence in their own contribution to society. Participants will benefit from an open and emergent structure to the camp where the development of affective, cognitive and functional competences is facilitated through different kinds of workshops and activities.
- Identify the current and future challenges society faces.
- Understand the key opportunities offered by the fields of social entrepreneurship, social innovation, and changemaking to addressed the identified challenges.
- Learn the importance of essential mindsets and skillsets for being an effective changemaker.
- Commitment to their unique purpose as a changemaker.
- Resilience to bounce back from any setback and carry on with their work.
- Compassion to improve their relationships with themselves and others.
- Map the issue they care about.
- Design strategies to tackle the issue.
- Collaborate with others to co-create change.
The core values of the ImpactAimers youth camp are:
- Personalised: We support each participant in discovering their unique purpose and identifying the best path towards becoming a changemaker.
Appreciation: We value and celebrate the unique contribution of each participant, without discrimination based on race, colour, religion, gender, creed, national origin, marital status, disability, or sexual orientation.
- Openness: We believe that change does not happen in isolation so we encourage a safe environment where sharing of ideas and skills can thrive.
- Transparency: We are a collaboration platform by social entrepreneurs for social entrepreneurs and all of our resources are used to design, implement, and deliver the ImpactAimers youth camp.
- Adaptive: We listen to the participants’ feedback to improve our work and respond to their needs.
- “Regardless of where we come from, regardless of our differences, we share the same purpose to make positive change for humanity and the Earth.” – Hakima, Algiers 2016
- “ImpactAimers helped me to make a change, starting from myself. I have become more sociable, confident and courageous and I am now sure that the chain of change starts from changing ourselves.” – Mohammed, Algiers 2016
- “I learned that motivation, hard work and commitment are the tools social entrepreneurs have to create positive impact.” – Amira, Algiers 2016
- “By being honest with myself during the workshops, I discovered the powerful impact of love in my life, something I had underestimated until then.” – Ikram, Algiers 2016
To find the online application form, please click on the "Further official information" link below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: