The IFC Young Professionals Program (IFC YPP) is the successor to the Global Transaction Team Program (GTT Program). The IFC YPP is a unique opportunity for you to contribute, collaborate and succeed with a global career as an investment professional focusing on the private sector in developing countries. You will join as Associate Investment Officers or Investment Officers, depending on your level of experience – and will be responsible for identifying, structuring, executing and monitoring IFC’s engagements and investments (loan, equity and other) – and build your expertise through assignments across the globe, closer to our clients. IFC’s approach is to combine rigorous analysis, innovative solutions and a focus on financial sustainability and positive development impact.
We are looking for current students or recent graduates of MBA or Master’s degree programs with strong financial skills, professional achievement, leadership potential and a commitment to development.
Program Features and Career Path
The IFC YPP is structured as a three year program after which your will graduate to a post YPP career. The program is structured to provide you with a solid understanding of IFC’s (and more broadly World Bank Group) business and strategy, a global network, and regional experience in one of IFC’s industry groups (which includes Financial Institutions Group; Infrastructure and Natural Resources; Manufacturing, Agribusiness and Services; and TMT, Venture Capital & Funds and Advisory) You will receive offers directly from departments for a position in one of IFC’s offices, regional hubs, or at headquarter.
- Analyze operational and financial performance of potential client companies to identify opportunities, address risks and recommend investment options
- Evaluate the benefits and risks of new transactions and develop innovative and appropriate financial structures
- Participate in negotiations
- Supervise project implementation, including disbursements
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients and other stakeholders
- Coordinate closely with social, environmental, and technical assistance colleagues to add value to our clients’ businesses and achieve sustainable development impact
IFC is looking to recruit two levels of investment officers through the Young Professionals Program:
- Associate Investment Officer (AIO) – 3 to 5 years of prior relevant work experience (investment banking, project finance, private equity, corporate finance, portfolio management, or financial consulting); and
- Investment Officer (IO) – 5 to 8 of prior relevant work experience.
Successful applicants will be notified of their placement as an AIO or IO after the interview process, based on the assessment of their skills and experience.
- Current students or recent graduates of MBA or similar
- Strong analytical and credit assessment skills, as well as solid understanding of accounting and financial statement analysis
- Knowledge of relevant industry sector trends, sound business judgment and problem solving, negotiation and commercial skills
- Ability to develop new business and effectively focus on client needs
- Enthusiasm for working in multi-cultural teams and across borders, preferably with experience working in developing countries
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; fluency in other languages (Arabic, Chinese, French,
- Portuguese, Spanish or Russian) preferred
- Willingness to travel extensively and geographic flexibility
Application and Selection Process
Applications for the IFC YPP program are accepted annually. The online application is open from mid-August to early October each year. Interviews usually take place in October/November, and offers are typically made in late December or early January. IFC YPP participants join IFC in September each year.
For mare information on application please click on the "Further official information" link below.