Edinburgh Excellence Scholarship
Edinburgh Excellence Scholarships are available to students who can display evidence of outstanding academic merit but who may not be able to attend our Summer School without financial support.
A limited number of scholarships are available, equal to a tuition fee waiver of 100%, 50%, or 25%. Scholarships are applicable on Summer School courses lasting 2-4 week; courses which are over 4 weeks in duration are exempt for consideration for the scholarship.
In order to apply for the scholarship, you must have the backing of your home university or college*.
The Scholarships are competitive and awarded both on the basis of financial support deemed necessary and academic merit. A minimum of 3.3 GPA or equivalent is required and evidence of this must be provided along with your application.
In order to apply, you should be a full-time university or college student who can demonstrate that you meet the academic and language requirements of your preferred course.
How to Apply
- Choose the course you are interested in from our course listing.
- *Contact your Study Abroad or International Office and ask them to complete this form to confirm your current academic status – Edinburgh Excellence University Confirmation Form
- Complete the Summer School’s online application form, stating within your Personal Statement that you would like to apply for the Edinburgh Excellence Scholarship.
- When promoted to upload your supporting documents, please include:
- All standard supporting documentation required for your course type, plus
- A signed copy of the Edinburgh Excellence University Confirmation Form
Courses and fees
Join us in 2017 and have the chance to experience our brand new course programme. Our new offering brings together our current courses with some exciting and unique additions.
The courses are grouped into five themes giving you the chance to develop your skills and knowledge, broaden your international experience, and capitalise on our city's inimitable opportunities. Browse our course themes or use our search tool to find your ideal course.
Many courses give the chance to explore subjects from a multidisciplinary perspective and, if you want to vary your learning experience even further, you can mix and match across multiple themes.
We offer a range of credit and non-credit options.
These courses are certified by the University of Edinburgh and are worth up to 20 credits depending on the course length.
Credits awarded by the University of Edinburgh are part of the Scottish Credit Qualifications Framework (SCQF). 20 SCQF credits are the equivalent to 10 ECTS credits, or 4 credits for U.S. studnets.
Credits are offered at two levels:
- Level 8 - for those in first year of university or above
- Level 10 - require two years of university study, and may have other entry requirements depending on the course
You can apply for credit courses if:
- You are a current student
- You have a current GPA of 3.0 or above (or equivalent)
- You have met our minimum English language requirements if English is not your first language
We are also able to discuss individual eligibility on a case-by-case basis.
Non-credit bearing courses are particularly suitable if you:
- have not studied for some time
- have just finished high school
- have a level of English at 5.5 IELTS or equivalent
- wish to pursue an interest with guidance and feedback from an experienced tutor
- do not want to commit to a more demanding credit-bearing course
- do not wish to take assessments
- do not wish to transfer credit back to your home institution
If you wish to enroll for a credit-bearing course but you don't need or want to obtain the credit, you can study the course without taking assesment.
For more information click "Further official information" below.