Humana Summer Graduate Internship Program
Humana Inc., headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky, is one of the nation's largest publicly traded health benefits companies. Humana offers a diversified portfolio of health insurance products and related services - through traditional and consumer-choice plans - to employer groups, government-sponsored plans, and individuals. Today, Humana is a leader in consumer engagement. Throughout its diversified customer portfolio, the company provides guidance that can both help lower costs and lead to a better health plan experience.
2016 Humana Summer Graduate Intern Program
Healthcare isn’t just about health anymore. It’s about caring for family, friends, finances, and personal life goals. It’s about living life fully. At Humana, we want to help people everywhere, including our associates, lead their best lives. We look for innovative ways to reach our customers where they are, to know them as individuals, and to engage them in meaningful ways. As a Fortune 100 company, Humana is a leader in the healthcare industry, offering a wide range of insurance products and health and wellness services. We take an integrated approach to helping our millions of members achieve lifelong well-being by leveraging the strengths of our core business, and exploring opportunities in existing and emerging adjacencies of our industry. When it comes to healthcare, we don’t just see the bigger picture--we see the brighter picture.
Role: Summer Intern
Assignment: Humana Graduate Development Program
Location: Louisville, KY
Are you a fit?
Are you ready to join a pioneering, growing company in an influential industry? We are looking for talented people who are innovative, agile learners, and have a high degree of emotional intelligence with leadership potential.
What is the Graduate Development Program?
Humana's Graduate Development Program is a development program for top-tier, graduate-level talent. We engage with students from across the country and “infuse” their diverse thinking and skill set throughout the company. The majority of our opportunities are located at Humana’s headquarters in Louisville, Kentucky.
We are looking for strategic thinkers who are excited to tackle the ambiguous world of healthcare. Opportunities vary based on business need but are generally found in the following areas:
- Clinical and Health Guidance
- Human Resources
- Product Development
- Service Operations
Program for Summer Interns
The Graduate Internship is a 12-week capsule of our full-time program. It's an opportunity for you to give Humana a test drive, and prove that you are the high caliber talent we need to differentiate ourselves in the marketplace. In addition to a defined individual summer project, you will also gain exposure to Humana's leaders, be matched with a mentor, and have the opportunity to develop your professional and personal network. At the end of the summer, you will be assessed for the full-time program.
- Leadership: You build relationships with ease. You engage others around you. You are committed to innovative thought and making a difference. You participate in professional and social activities. You are not just a part of something but a leader in your community, university and workplace.
- Innovates: You introduce new ideas and process improvements which improve performance and productivity.
- Communication: When you talk, people listen. When you write, people clearly understand your message. You craft your messaging in a way that engages and includes all perspectives.
- Graduation date must be after December 1, 2016
- You attend a top school and are working toward a relevant post-graduate degree (e.g. MBA, MPH, MHA)
- You have a minimum of three years of work experience prior to beginning graduate school
- Proven leadership experience
- Strong executive presence
- Strong interpersonal and written/oral communication skills
- Commitment to innovative thought, strategic thinking, and making a difference
- Ability to work independently and in teams