Who They're Looking For
- You must be either…
- A high school senior already accepted to a college or trade school, or…
- A student currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate degree program at any accredited college, university or trade school in the United States.
- You must be interested in the smart home revolution including home automation, IoT (internet of things), home security, etc.
How It Works
- Submissions accepting began on February 1st, 2017.
- The deadline for submission is December 10th, 2017 at 11:59 PM CST.
- One winner will be selected by January 31st, 2018 and will be awarded the $1,000 scholarship.
About This Scholarship
The HomeSecurityList Smart Home Scholarship is intended to cultivate innovation among the next generation of builders, makers, ethical-hackers, product creators and even homeowners interested in the internet of things.While large brands like Xfinity Home, Frontpoint, Protect America and even SimpliSafe are slow to update their equipment technology, small startups like Canary, Scout and many more are bringing cutting-edge tech and design into the home security scene. Likewise, legacy walled-garden home automation tech like Control4 is being replaced by revolutionary devices/services like Amazon Alexa, which seems to play well with nearly everything now.In other words, it’s a very exciting time for the world of smart homes and IoT. Surely you can find an interesting topic for your essay.
How To Apply
Students may apply by submitting an essay 1,000 to 2,000 words in length, via email, to email@example.com.
In your email, please include all the required details listed below:
- First & Last Name, Phone and Address
- Your School Name
- Area Of Study
- Attach your essay in Word document format
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.