Presented by the Hatterscheidt Foundation and named for former South Dakota businessman Fred W. Hatterscheidt and his wife, Ruth, the Hatterscheidt Scholarship is a one-year award valued at $2,000.
The scholarships are annually awarded to current seniors graduating from South Dakota high schools based on the following criteria:
- Must be a South Dakota resident - http://www.usd.edu/admissions/freshmen/scholarships/hatterscheidt and graduate from a South Dakota high school
- Show financial need and apply for Federal Student Aid through the FAFSA
- Have a minimum high school GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Be accepted for admission to the University of South Dakota
- Attend the Vermillion campus of the University of South Dakota full time (min. 12 credit hours)
To apply for a Hatterscheidt Scholarship, please complete, print and submit the following forms:
- Hatterscheidt Scholarship Application & Letter of Recommendation form - http://www.usd.edu/~/media/files/admissions/scholarship/hatterscheidtscholarshipapp.ashx?la=en
Hatterscheidt Letter of Recommendation form
Application deadline for the 2016-17 Hattescheidt Scholarship is Friday, March 25, 2016.
Completed applications will include the following items:
- Application form (signed by applicant and high school official)
- Copy of most recent transcript
- Autobiography (no more than 200 words)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Financial information
After completing and printing the above forms, please send your completed application to the following address:
University of South Dakota
414 East Clark Street
Vermillion, SD 57069
For questions regarding the Hatterscheidt Scholarship, please contact Nick Cerny mailto: Nick.Cerny@usd.edu at 605-658-6224.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: