This nine-week program will provide you with intermediate-level Russian language study along with opportunities to explore Russian and Georgian culture, history, literature, and film. The program includes field trips to various parts of the city and within Georgia.
Course of study
To be announced.
Julie Buckler, PhD, Professor of Slavic Languages and Literatures and of Comparative Literature, Harvard University
Stephanie Sandler, PhD, Ernest E. Monrad Professor of Slavic Languages and Literatures, Harvard University
Justin Weir, PhD, Professor of Slavic Languages & Literatures and of Comparative Literature, Harvard University
Oksana Willis, PhD, Preceptor in Slavic Languages and Literatures, Harvard University
You must be at least 18 years old and have completed at least one year of college or be a first-year student in good academic standing to apply.
The application materials, outlined below, are due January 28, 2016:
- A completed online application (available in early December) that includes:
- A $50 nonrefundable application fee
- A detailed statement of interest in the program, including information on relevant coursework and level of Russian language study, interest, or experience in the arts, as well as travel experience abroad (though previous travel is not a prerequisite)
- Transcripts (student record accepted for Harvard students)
Program directors may request letters of recommendations and interviews.
You will be notified of admission decisions by mid-February.
There is a nonrefundable $50 application fee. The program cost includes the following:
- Room, breakfast, and some dinners
- Field trips and excursions
In addition to the program fee, you are responsible for:
- A health insurance fee (waived if you have US insurance that provides coverage outside the United States)
- Transportation to and from Tbilisi, Georgia
- Independent excursions
- The cost of passports and visas (if the latter is needed)
- Any immunizations
How to pay and funding options
See Payment and Funding for payment deadlines, deposit amounts, and more information, including funding options for Harvard College students.
To be announced.
Students with disabilities
Contact the disability services coordinator as soon as possible. See Students with Disabilities for more information.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: