Hamburg School of Business Administration Summer School on Corporate Social Responsibility Management
The HSBA Summer School takes place between 18 to 29 July 2016. During this time you will take part in 60 hours of lectures including case studies and guest lectures. The summer school furthermore includes a high-level panel discussion, visits to partner companies of HSBA, a cultural programme and the possibility to connect with other HSBA students who will also be on campus. All courses as well as the extracurricular activities take place in English.
The workload of the summer school in total is 125 hours, which is equivalent to 5 ECTS (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System) points. After successfully preparing and completing a final presentation on a business case, you will receive an HSBA certificate, which will specify your workload and your newly-gained qualifications.
Confirmed Lectures and Business Experts for 2016:
- Prof. Dr. Dirk Matten (York University, Toronto)
- Prof. Dr. Joachim Schwalbach (Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin)
- Prof. Dr. Sarah Jastram (HSBA)
- Isabel Ebert (Business and Human Rights Resource Centre, London)
- Bernhard Schwager (Robert Bosch GmbH)
- Andreas Streubig (Otto Group)
If you would like to apply for the HSBA Summer School please make sure you meet the following requirements:
- Language requirement: English at level B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, or TOEFL 90 points, IELTS 6.0 Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English or equivalent, for instance, academic tutor’s statement of competence in English; in addition Skype interviews may also be conducted
- Studies: Bachelor or Master level with a focus on business administration (business/economics) or other related sciences such as sociology or political sciences. In exceptional cases (based on an individual assessment) PhD students will be allowed to participate in the summer school.
To apply for the HSBA Summer School you will need to hand in the following documents:
- Application Form (see "Downloads" to your right)
- Letter of motivation (max. 1 page)
- Transcript of records
- Proof of English language requirement (TOEFL, IELTS, Cambridge Certificate, other equivalent)
Based on these documents the admission committee will then select the most suitable candidates. No more than 30 students will be admitted to the HSBA Summer School.
Please send your application to Minh Nguyen. The application deadline is the 30 April 2016. Late applications may also be accepted in exceptional cases.
Be aware that you will have to contact the relevant German representatives offices in order to determine whether you will need a visa. Also you will have to take care of your visa application. For further information on visa requirements please visit here.
Please also make sure that that your health insurance covers all HSBA Summer School activities in Germany. HSBA´s liability is restricted by the regulations made by the German law.
It is a matter of particular concern to HSBA to ensure that motivated candidates can attend the Summer School despite the costs. Therefore HSBA offers two full scholarships as well as 50% scholarships for applications reaching us before 30 April.
Please indicate in your letter of motivation (no extra letter required) why you would be the perfect candidate for the HSBA scholarship.
The Summer School fees are 1.000 €. If you are applying from one of our partner universities or if you apply by 1 April 2016, a discount of 20% is granted. Please note that discounts and scholarships cannot be combined.
These fees include all lectures, the course materials, company visits as well as the official social programme.
The fees include:
- Tuition fees
- Company visits
- Cultural and social programme
- Library, computing facilities and Internet/wifi
- Welcome reception and farewell dinner
- Enrolment at HSBA and certificate earned on the completion of the programme
The fees do not include:
- Travel costs for getting to Hamburg, Germany
- Extra travel outside of the programme
- Food and beverages (unless specified)
- Public transportation
We look forward to your application to the HSBA Summer School 2016!
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Deposit and Payment
All accepted students are required to pay the full tuition by 15 June 2016 via money transfer, otherwise we cannot guarantee your enrolment. If you are booking a programme within six weeks before the start date, a full payment is required at the initial booking.
Any international wire transfer fees incurred while making your payment need to be paid by you. Please speak to your local bank concerning fluctuations in the currency conversion to ensure that HSBA receives the full amount due. Unfortunately we cannot accept checks and credit cards.
If you are unable to attend the programme, you must submit a withdrawal notice (medical certificate or other official confirmation) in writing by email, fax or post.
Cancellations will be refunded as follows:
• Withdrawal submitted by 22 May 2016: 100% tuition refund
• Withdrawal submitted by 15 June 2016: 50% tuition refund
• Withdrawal submitted after 15 June 2016: No refund given
Unfortunately we cannot refund tuition if the cancellation is made last-minute.