GoUNESCO Internship Program
No. of Posts: We will not restrict entry by numbers, course, grades, etc – the only thing that matters is your commitment.
Nature of Work: Online and offline
Time commitment: 1-5 hrs a week
How do I apply?
- First participate at a #makeheritagefun event in your city (see list here) and meet GoUNESCO Interns – past and present – on Sunday, the 20th of December at 4PM. This event is open to everyone so bring along your friends too! If there is no event in your city all you need to know is to visit and explore a local heritage site on Sunday, 20th of December.
- Make sure you document your experiences online – in real-time (by posting on instagram/facebook/twitter, etc) Use the #makeheritagefun hashtag when you post to social media. You can also use this hashtag to view content that other participants across the country posted.
- Come back, write an article about the heritage location, and more importantly, your experience with the #makeheritagefun event and submit it at gounesco.com. You can add any number of pictures. Write as detailed an article as possible – instead of text, you can upload videos, embed slideshows, etc too. The main criteria for selection is the commitment we see in this activity. Do not copy from the internet, always credit if you use external images. Word limit – 800 words. Post your article by the 30th of December.
- Fill this form with your details – link
Shortly after the deadline, we will get in touch and let you know if you’ve made it into the program!
What is GoUNESCO?
GoUNESCO makes heritage fun! GoUNESCO has inspired thousands of people to travel to world heritage sites and participate in fun travel challenges. GoUNESCO is a UNESCO New Delhi supported initiativethat makes heritage and culture more accessible, interesting and fun to everyone.
What is the GoUNESCO Internship Program?
The GoUNESCO Internship Program (GIP) is GoUNESCO’s global student outreach program. This 6 month program promotes awareness of heritage and culture among young people via fun, educative tasks.
What does one do as part of the GIP?
As part of the program, you will be assigned fun tasks which will make you aware of heritage. Please read about the tasks assigned to interns in the past and current sessions of the program here – link. Depending on your performance, skills and your area of specialization, you may be assigned to specific teams with additional responsibilities. Got any more questions? Email email@example.com
Who should apply?
Any undergraduate/postgraduate student, who has a passion for travelling and wants to do his part in the preservation of World Heritage Sites, is free to apply. Any such student, who is interested in our challenge and wants to make it his mission to light the same fire of adventure in other people’s hearts, should definitely apply.
Why should I apply?
- Selected candidates will be awarded an e-Certificate of Appreciation from GoUNESCO.
- Exclusive online workshops for skill building, interaction with heritage experts, photographers, travelers.
- Networking opportunity with students from across the world
- A great work experience.
Follow this procedure to upload your profile photo and article on gounesco.com
- For both, first login here: gounesco.com/login
- Upload profile photo: Click on ‘Edit profile‘ on the top right corner of your profile page, upload your photo in the Avatar section and click on Update profile.
- Writing an article: Click on ‘Write Article‘ on top right of your profile page, upload photos, add a title to the article and add more details in the content area.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: