The Global Good Fund Fellowship is a 15-month program supporting the leadership development of young social entrepreneurs across the globe. The Global Good Fund invests in these innovators by pairing them with executives who serve as Coaches, and by providing leadership assessment resources, a network of peers, sector expertise, and targeted financial capital.
The Global Good Fund supports our Fellows in their natural work environments through a first-of-its-kind 360 leadership assessment tool, the 360 MIRROR, specifically designed for social entrepreneurs. This tool is a behavior-based assessment of the skills and values associated with great leaders.
The results of the assessment and conversations with a Global Good Fund Leadership Development Consultant form the basis for a Leadership Development Plan to be implemented with support of a Global Good Fund Coach.
The network of Coaches includes leaders like Ted Leonsis, Owner & CEO of Monumental Sports & Entertainment, Tracy Fitzsimmons, President of Shenandoah University, Sami Inkinen, Co-Founder of Trulia, Lydia Thomas, former CEO of Noblis, and Pete Smith, CEO of Al Tayyar Energy.
The Global Good Fund is accepting applications from social entrepreneurs for our 2017 Fellowship Program cohort. Please carefully review the below criteria prior to starting the application process. If you can answer ‘yes’ to every question below, please continue to Part 1 of the application.
Every candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrated leadership and growth potential;
- Candidate is committed to social impact and is driving significant change;
- The enterprise that the candidate leads is at least one year old;
- The enterprise must have at least one full-time employee in addition to the candidate;
- Candidate is coachable - embraces honest feedback and desires to improve;
- Candidate actively mentors and invests in team members or other individuals;
- The enterprise is or will be financial sustainable (50% or more of the budget is generated revenue).
- Under 40 years of age (if older, explain rationale for Fellowship).
The application is comprised of 4 parts:
Part 1Due by June 1, 2016
Part 1 of the application consists of a preliminary questionnaire. This questionnaire is reviewed for fit with The Global Good Fund's Fellowship criteria. Candidates who meet the above requirements will be invited to participate in Part 2 of the application process.
Estimated time: 15 minutes
Part 2Due by June 20, 2016
Part 2 of the application consists of an informal video recording that answers the following questions:
- Your motivation to set-up your enterprise;
- What your enterprise does; and
- Why you and your enterprise are unique and can address this specific problem area more effectively than anyone else.
The Candidate’s video will be reviewed and scored on a 1-5 scale, 1 being the lowest score and 5 being the highest. Candidates who receive a score of 3 or higher will advance to the next stage.
Part 3Due by July 20, 2016
Part 3 of the application consists of a written section that assesses leadership, the enterprise, and social impact. Each written application will be read and scored by at least two reviewers.
Part 4Scheduled in October 2016
Part 4 of the application consists of a 2 hour virtual site visit. The Global Good Fund will speak to the candidate, core team members, and community members. These conversations will occur throughout the selection process. Finalists will be notified about their selection result in December 2016.
Please direct any questions or comments about the application to H.Kelly Shin at HKelly.Shin@globalgoodfund.org.