Global Campus of Human Rights International Conference
The Global Campus of Human Rights International Conference 2017 is focused on the nexus between human rights protection and the perspective of reconciliation in divided societies. The conditions under which reconciliation and the defense of human rights are treated depend on a variety of aspects, according to the historical events and the individual tragedies experienced in each country/region. Therefore, the comparative approach is the mark for each proposed panel of the conference. The key concepts the conference will tackle are memory, justice and the role of the truth and reconciliation commissions, dealing with the past as well as empathy, forgiveness and the social cleavages.
The program of the event foresees three panels (''Memory, Empathy and Forgiveness''; ''Morality of the Truth and Reconciliation Commissions''; ''Justice and Social Cleavages''), complemented by a round table on ''The Role of Education in Achievoing Justice, Truth and Reconciliation''. Furthermore, a public film screening will close the conference week.
The Conference takes place within the unique framework of the European Union's Global Campus of Master’s Programmes and Diplomas in Human Rights and Democratisation, coordinated by the European Inter-University Center for Human Rights and Democratization and is organized by the University of Sarajevo, with the Center for Interdisciplinary Studies, and the University of Bologna, with the Institute for Central-Eastern and Balkan Europe, through their joint activity "European Regional Master’s Programme in Democracy and Human Rights in South East Europe (ERMA)".
How to participate to the Conference
The conference is open to public in all its segments. The opening ceremony will take place at the Conference Hall of the Parliament of Bosnia and Herzegovina, while the panels and the round table will be hosted at the Celebrations Hall of Rectorate of the University of Sarajevo. The final film screening will be at the premises of the Kino Meeting Point. Interested attendants are invited to join and register themselves upon arrival at the opening.
Stefano Bianchini, U. of Bologna
Asim Mujkić, U. of Sarajevo
- Stefano Bianchini, U. of Bologna
- Asim Mujkić, U. of Sarajevo
- Gvozden Flego, U. of Zagreb
- Francesco Privitera, U. of Bologna
- Anna Krasteva, New Bulgarian U.
- Milan Podunavac, U. of Belgrade
- Wolfgang Benedek, U. of Graz
- Panagiotis Liargovas, U. of Peloponnese
- Nikolaos Tzifakis, U. of Peloponnese
- Hans-Joachim Heintze, Bochum U.
- Nina Belyaeva, Moscow National Research U.
- Federico Sicurella, U. of Tor Vergata
- Adriano Remiddi, IECOB - U. of Bologna
- Adriano Remiddi, IECOB - U. of Bologna (email@example.com)
- Valentina Abita, EIUC Venice
- Elisa Aquino, EIUC Venice
- Giacomo Ottonello, EIUC Venice
- Isotta Esposito, EIUC Venice
- Alina Trkulja, U. of Sarajevo
- Marjan Icoski, U. of Sarajevo
- Mariana Hadzijusufović, U. of Sarajevo
- Ilcho Cvetanoski, ERMA Alumnus
- Zerina Zahirović, ERMA Alumna
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.