Call for applications
The Global Ambassadors Program being held in Chicago, Illinois (September 11-15, 2017) will address the ongoing needs and challenges facing women leaders engaged in the private sector, social enterprise and non-profits from the Chicago area in the United States, as well from countries around the world, and will underscore the critical function that women can and must play in moving local economies forward and highlight the role of women as drivers of innovation and socio-economic growth.
This program provides a unique opportunity for women leaders in business, social enterprise and non-profits to invest in themselves and their leadership journey.
All travel, meals and accommodation costs for mentees participating in this program are covered in full by the Global Ambassadors Program.
Mentees will be women who are:
- leaders of non-profit organizations and institutions
- businesswomen, entrepreneurs or social entrepreneurs
We will select mentees from:
- United States – the Chicago area
- All other countries outside of the US
Mentee/Applicant Selection Criteria:
- All program sessions will be conducted in English and mentees must be able to converse and present fluently in English.
- Applicants must be able to commit to attending the full 5 days of the program commencing on Monday morning and ending on Friday night.
- Applicants must have the capacity to take advantage of a senior executive as a mentor (i.e. must be able to develop and implement strategic plans, marketing strategy or business plans).
- Applicants must have a minimum of 10-20 years of experience in a professional setting.
- The applicant must have worked in her existing enterprise / organization for at least 5-7 years.
- The applicant's enterprise / organization should have a minimum annual revenue of at least US$ 250,000 and a maximum annual turnover of US$ 10 million
- Applicants must be the lead decision-maker within their enterprise/organization. i.e. they should be the CEO / President / Managing Director / Owner / Founder etc.
- Applicants are interested in shaping the community dialogue about women’s advancement in their region, and wield the influence necessary to do so.
Please note we are unable to consider applicants who do not meet the criteria listed above.
Applicants are required to:
- Complete and submit this online Application Questionnaire
- Submit a two-minute video (described in the last section of this application)
This online application process may take up to 2 hours to complete. Applications should be submitted by Friday, June 30th, 2017. Any incomplete applications, or any applications received after Friday June 30th, 2017 will not be considered. Applications submitted without the 2 minute video will not be considered.
If selected to participate in this program, mentees will be required to submit a complete business plan at least 6 weeks before the start of the program.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.