Emmy Noether Programme 2018-2024
The Emmy Noether Programme gives exceptionally qualified early career researchers the chance to qualify for the post of professor at a university by leading an independent junior research group for a period of six years.
Information about the Programme
- To give outstanding researchers the opportunity to satisfy the prerequisites for appointment as a university professor by leading an independent junior research group and performing relevant teaching duties
- To attract outstanding early career researchers (back) to Germany from abroad
- Normally at least two years of postdoctoral experience
- Substantial international research experience
- Applicants from abroad are expected to continue their research careers in Germany after the funding comes to an end.
- A written letter of intent must be attached to the proposal.
- The programme is not open to those who have already satisfied the requirements for a professorship, in particular those who have completed or are about to embark on the habilitation process, as in these cases the objective has already been achieved.
- An individual is not eligible if they are in receipt of a type of funding similar to the ENP for an independent (junior) research group from a national research institution or an international institution located in Germany.
- Excellent research project
- Assessed on the basis of previous research work, ambitious publications in internationally respected journals or a comparable format