General English Courses, AUA, Yerevan Armenia
These general English courses give students the opportunity to improve their all-round ability in English. Our courses are designed to develop listening, speaking, reading and writing skills, while providing a strong foundation of vocabulary and grammar. At AUA Extension, we use a creative and interactive teaching approach to address the varied learning styles of our students and build confidence in their use of English. To ensure that learning is enjoyable and suited to our students’ needs, we use a range of complementary techniques and materials in addition to the core textbook. We aim to maximize language skill development and effective communication. Instruction is provided by professional teachers.
Duration: 80 hours conducted over 9 weeks
Schedule: 3 times per week, 3 hours per session
Fees: Level 1 (beginner) – AMD 100,000
Level 2 (elementary) – AMD 100,000
Level 3 (pre-intermediate) – AMD 103,000
Level 4 (intermediate) – AMD 103,000
Level 5 (upper intermediate) – AMD 105,000
Level 6 (advanced) – AMD 105,000
A placement test is required if you have not attended English courses at AUA. Placement tests are administered every Tuesday at 16:30. Advance registration is required.
Placement test fee: AMD2100
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, choose the Extension tab, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.