About the Program
To improve international relations and bilateral research cooperations between German and foreign universities, the DAAD supports exchanges of scientists and academics from partner countries. The basis of these exchanges are cultural exchange programmes and bilateral agreements with foreign partner organisations.
Who can apply?
Foreign academics and scientists who have usually completed a doctoral degree and work at a university or research institute in their home country.
What can be funded?
- Research stays at state or state-recognised institutions of higher education or non-university research institutes in Germany.
- Funding may only be claimed once within three years.
- Lecture tours or visits to congresses are not funded.
An independent selection committee reviews applications.
The most important selection criteria are:
- Academic achievements and, if applicable, publications, which must be documented in the curriculum vitae and a list of publications
- A convincing and well-planned research project
Please note: this programme supports exchanges between scientists and researchers from Germany and its partner countries. Funding is available when German researchers also apply for a research fellowship at the same time.