Closing date: 5pm, Friday 14 July 2017 (Bonn, Germany time)
- Are you an environmentally-conscious, socially-aware journalism student?
- Are you passionate about the health of the planet’s environment and have an interest to communicate about it?
- Do you want to make a difference and engage the youth of today to care about the future of tomorrow?
Then join us at the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) 8th General Assembly (GA) from 9 to 10 October 2017 in Vancouver (Canada) and report on the issues at the forefront of responsible forestry.
The FSC GA 2017 is FSC’s highest decision-making body. Eight hundred participants from 70 countries – representing social, economic and environmental interests from the Global North and South – will meet in Vancouver to discuss a sustainable future for the world’s forests and the people that inhabit them. To find out more about FSC International go to the official website.
Two journalism students will be selected by the FSC Communications Unit to attend the GA and act as FSC Youth Correspondents – reporting for youth, by youth.
To ensure full coverage of the FSC GA 2017, roles and responsibilities for the youth correspondent could include:
- Writing, editing and feeding stories about the activities and outcomes of the FSC GA 2017, and its side events, into international, regional and local media networks and communities (ensuring equal regional media coverage).
- Attending events and roundtables in order to interview and profile key guests and delegates.
- Reporting throughout the event – getting comments and opinions from delegates that can be broadcast on various channels.
- Using a variety of tools and techniques to keep articles and other related work engaging – including taking photos and recording sound and video.
Application should include:
- CV or resume including full contact details, education, volunteer and working experience (max. 2 pages).
- A brief cover letter in English detailing why you want to be the FSC Youth Correspondent 2017 and how your experience would help you to achieve the deliverables (max. one page).
- Copies of, or links to, three examples of your work (articles, blog posts, videos etc.), preferably on environmental issues.
- Desirable: A letter supporting your application from a teacher, professor, mentor, professional journalist etc.
Closing date: 5pm, Friday, 14 July (Bonn, Germany time)
Please send all applications to email@example.com with ‘FSC Youth Correspondent 2017 application’ in the header, or post your application to:
FSC Youth Correspondent 2017 Application
53113 Bonn Deutschland / Germany
The successful applicant will receive:
- Return flights on economy class to Vancouver
- Reimbursement of visa application fees
- Accommodation (sharing) in a hotel in Vancouver
- All meals and a small stipend will be provided
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.