START DATE: ASAP
APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 15, 2018
We are seeking an origination partner with a strong background in data science/artificial intelligence/machine learning to lead an exploration team that will be working on generating commercializable scientific breakthrough ideas. The partner will play a critical role in the hypothesis generation process and shape the team’s vision and strategy. S/he will bring a strong applied science and entrepreneurial orientation, demonstrate strong communication skills, and be comfortable working in and contributing to a very dynamic and cross-functional team environment.
• Lead the venture hypothesis exploration process by supervising and collaborating closely with research associates on the data science team;
• Assess the ideas generated by the team on their novelty, feasibility, and suitability for the market, make strategic decisions on which venture hypotheses to pursue exploration on,
• Work to flesh out and articulate vision, value proposition and plan for new breakthrough, AI/data science venture;
• Work with Principal and Associates to formulate and vet new Venture Hypotheses based on breakthrough scientific and technological insights:
- Explore intellectual property landscape and define opportunity for developing and capturing novel and broad intellectual property;
- Define key scientific experiments, plan and budget to instantiate and derisk the opportunity space (ProtoCo phase);
- Reach out to Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), engage in scientific discussions to pressure test hypotheses, and network and establish deep relationships;
- Formulate hypotheses and corresponding thought experiments, mine/review scientific literature for supporting data, and synthesize in the form of presentation (Exploration phase);
• Help identify, vet and recruit prospective employees for company (Research Associate to VP level);
• Generate and support intellectual property for core projects, develop intellectual property strategy for company;
• Monitor and evaluate analytical aspects of new and emerging technologies;
• Manage research relationships with external academic consultants and collaborators;
• Participate in data science syllabus creation, and conduct trainings.
• Ph.D. in data science, computer science, statistics, mathematics, physics or a related field with 5+ years of experience
• Proficiency in relevant programming/scripting languages such as Python or R and standard command line tools
• In depth experience in one or more of the following areas: natural language processing, speech recognition, voice recognition, image processing, expert systems, or a related field
• Expertise in one or more of the core machine learning areas such as: ANNs, SVMs, reinforcement learning, probabilistic rule-based learning
• Experience in algorithm generation and/or computational method implementation
• Demonstrated experience with large-scale data and high throughput data analysis, network analysis and meta analyses.
• Expertise in one or more of such areas as: Bayesian approaches, Markov models, Gaussian processes, game theory, decision theory
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner
• Team oriented, highly motivated, execution focused with strong work ethic, ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial and multidisciplinary environment
• Highly adaptable and responsive to technical and business opportunities and needs – comfortable delivering against challenging commitments.
All interested candidates are kindly requested to submit their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate the title of the position “Origination Partner” in the subject line of your e-mail. FAST is grateful to all interested applicants. All applicants will be notified of their application results.
Foundation for Armenian Science and Technology (FAST) is conceived as a comprehensive platform to foster technological and scientific breakthroughs in Armenia. FAST aims to revive the country’s strong Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) traditions, establishing a favorable regime for the innovative environment, fostering science and technology education, and actively developing a venture capital ecosystem. One of the most pivotal tasks of FAST is to engage tech and scientific communities in raising the profile of Armenia as a hub for technological and scientific discoveries and developments.
December 15, 2018
Note: Employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics protected by law.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: