Familiarisation Stays at the Faculty of Arts and Humanities (max. two weeks)
The a.r.t.e.s. Graduate School would like to offer prospective and early-stage international doctoral students the opportunity to come to Cologne to get to know the Faculty of Arts and Humanities. The stay, which should not be longer than two weeks, will give you the possibility to gain valuable insights into the work of the institutes, research centers and Graduate Schools. It is also a good opportunity to become acquainted with other graduate students and possible advisors. The aim is to attract international doctoral students who are in the early stages of their research to the University of Cologne and to initiate international cooperations such as cotutela agreements.
Conditions for application:
- The planned familiarisation stay should take place during the semester.
- All graduates of international universities who are in the preparation or early stage of their doctoral project are eligible to apply.
- An invitation can only be issued if a faculty member of the Faculty of Arts and Humanities who is entitled to confer doctorates supports the candidate's application and agrees to serve as his or her contact person during the familiarisation stay.
- Applications can be submitted by the candidates themselves or by faculty members of the Faculty of Arts and Humanities.
- Funding can be granted for travel and living expenses in accordance with the DAAD funding guidelines.
Please submit the following documents with your application (in German or English):
- A letter of motivation for the familiarisation stay (approx. three pages) including a brief description of your (planned) doctoral project.
- Your CV / résumé.
- A letter of invitation by a faculty member of the Faculty of Arts and Humanities who is entitled to confer doctorates. This letter should provide information about the candidate's qualifications and outline the aims and expected benefits of the familiarisation stay.
- A time plan for the intended familiarisation stay.
- A copy of the final diploma and transcript of records
- If applicable, a letter of enrolment as a doctoral students at a foreign university
Submission of application documents by June 23, 2017. Please send your complete application to:
Universität zu Köln
a.r.t.e.s. Graduate School for the Humanities Cologne
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: