Familiarisation Stays at the Faculty of Arts and Humanities (max. two weeks)
The a.r.t.e.s. Graduate School would like to offer prospective and early-stage international doctoral students the opportunity to come to Cologne to get to know the Faculty of Arts and Humanities. The stay, which should not be longer than two weeks, will give you the possibility to gain valuable insights into the work of the institutes, research centers and Graduate Schools. It is also a good opportunity to become acquainted with other graduate students and possible advisors. The aim is to attract international doctoral students who are in the early stages of their research to the University of Cologne and to initiate international cooperations such as cotutela agreements.
Please submit the following documents with your application (in German or English):
- A letter of motivation for the familiarisation stay (approx. three pages) including a brief description of your (planned) doctoral project.
- Your CV / résumé.
- A letter of invitation by a faculty member of the Faculty of Arts and Humanities who is entitled to confer doctorates. This letter should provide information about the candidate's qualifications and outline the aims and expected benefits of the familiarisation stay.
- A time plan for the intended familiarisation stay.
- A copy of the final diploma and transcript of records
- If applicable, a letter of enrolment as a doctoral students at a foreign university
Submission of application documents by June 23, 2017. Please send your complete application to:
Universität zu Köln
a.r.t.e.s. Graduate School for the Humanities Cologne
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.