Faculty of Science and Technology Fee Remission International Scholarship (Course Fee Waiver)
The Faculty of Science and Technology Fee Remission Scholarship is awarded to international students wishing to undertake graduate research degree studies in the Faculty of Science and Technology. The Scholarship is a course fee waiver awarded by the Faculty but subject to University rules and conditions.
The scholarship covers full tuition costs, but not overseas student health care.
Who can apply?
- Both current and prospective International Higher Degree by Research candidates may apply
- To be considered for a scholarship, applicants must apply for candidature.
- Refer to HDR Scholarships for more information about eligibility criteria and application forms.
- Applicants must secure or be able to demonstrate that they have funding to support living expenses and health care cover.
- A FoST Fee Remission Scholarship is tenable for:
- 3 years full-time in the case of Research Doctorate students; or
- 1.5 years full-time in the case of Research Masters students.
- An extension to the duration of the scholarship for a Research Doctorate and Masters students of up to six months may be approved by the Scholarships Committee provided the student is making satisfactory progress and the grounds for the extension relate to the study and are beyond the control of the student.
Once you are confident that you meet the academic and English language proficiency requirements, the next step is to identify referees and complete and submit your application form.
Please be advised the 2016 scholarship round will close on 31st October 2015. Please note that there is not an open round for international scholarship in 2016.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: