Deadline for applications: 15 February 2017
Central European University (CEU) invites applications for its Faculty Development Fellowship program for the academic year 2017-18. The fellowship program is supported by the Higher Education Support Program (HESP) of the Open Society Foundations and administered by the CEU Yehuda Elkana Center for Higher Education. Fellowships are offered to academics employed in full-time teaching positions in higher education institutions who wish to spend one term at CEU conducting research that will help them enhance their courses and/or advance towards a doctoral degree. Depending on their needs and interests, applicants can choose from two tracks: course development or research development. After the initial three-month fellowship interested fellows can re-apply for the second track in one of the following application cycles. Re-applications will be considered on a competitive basis. The program will include a training/workshop component: course design for the course development track and research design for the research development track. Fellows can be hosted by any CEU department, school or research center.
Fellows are supported for a period of three months (one term at CEU). Fellowship award covers travel costs to/from Budapest, accommodations in the CEU residence and a monthly stipend of 1,400 USD.
- Eligible institutions are: American University-Central Asia (Kyrgyzstan), Al-Quds Bard College for Arts and Sciences (Palestine), and any higher education institution in Myanmar;
- Eligible applicants should be employed in full-time teaching positions in an eligible institution at the time of application;
- Eligible applicants should attach a copy of their highest degree obtained;
- Please note: those who are or who intend to be involved in projects, research, teaching, or other activities sponsored or co-sponsored by Open Society Foundations during the period of the Research Fellowship are not eligible to participate in the program;
- Applications not meeting eligibility requirements will not be considered.
- Fellows are required to be in residence at CEU for the entire duration of their fellowship;
- Fellows will provide a mid-term narrative report, and a final narrative report;
- Course Development Fellows will provide revised or new curricula three months after the completion of their fellowship;
- Research Development Fellows will provide a draft research article within six months after the completion of their fellowship.
Please send your completed application form, curriculum revision plan and sample course syllabus for the course development track or the research proposal for the research development track, a CV and a photocopy of the certificate of the highest degree attained in one PDF file to the following e-mail address: Research_Fellowship@ceu.edu (subject of email “VRF 2017 + last name”). The application form and all supporting documents must be submitted by 15 February 2017.
A complete application package must include:
- Fully completed application form (available here);
- Curriculum Vitae;
- 1,000 – 1,500 word curriculum revision plan and a draft syllabus (or a sample syllabus of a currently taught course) for the course development track or a 1000 - 1500 word research proposal for the research development track
- Photocopy of the diploma for the highest degree attained;
- Two letters of reference: scanned copies should be sent by the referees directly to Research_Fellowship@ceu.edu (subject of email “VRF 2017 + last name of the applicant”) by the application deadline. A letter of reference should be printed on an official letterhead of the home institution of the referee, and include referee’s signature and complete contact information.
Late and/or incomplete applications will not be considered.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: