The European Crohn’s and Colitis Organisation (ECCO) offers Research Fellowships to encourage and support young individuals in their career and promote innovative scientific research in the area of Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD) in Europe.
ECCO Research Fellowships aim to enhance the opportunity for IBD trainees to work in European centres.
Applicants should be aware that these awards are offered to young and enthusiastic basic and/or clinical scientists. Individuals with a well-established career in the field of IBD research are not considered eligible for these ECCO fellowships.
Up to two ECCO Fellowships may be given each year.
In order to be Eligible
1. Not be older than 40 years or still in training at the time of application.
2. Submit an original research project using the “ECCO Fellowships/Grants Technical Annex”, not exceeding 11 pages.
3. Have a hosting laboratory and/or department outside one’s own country of practice, which has accepted to host and guide the Fellow under the supervision of a designated host for the duration of the Fellowship. The hosting institution is responsible, together with the Fellow, for the successful completion of the project.
4. If your hosting institute holds a current ECCO Fellowship, then another application for this period is not possible. Therefore, an institute cannot apply for two ECCO Fellowships in consecutive years.
5. ECCO Fellowship applicants and their host supervisors need to be ECCO Members (at the time of application).
6. ECCO Fellowship applicants are not limited to the ECCO Member Countries and can apply from non-European countries; however the impact of the project for the IBD community has to be clearly stated.
7. Fellowships aim to enhance the opportunity for IBD trainees to work in European centres. Exceptional circumstances such as an applicant from an ECCO Member Country travelling to a non-member country will be considered, but such an application is likely to receive a lower priority than an applicant from a non-member country visiting an ECCO Member Country.
1. All projects will be reviewed and scored by the members of the ECCO Scientific Committee with external review requested and expected, based on the following criteria:
o Originality and innovative nature of the proposal
o International scientific level of the research team
o CV of the applicant
o Importance of the project in the field of IBD
o Formal criteria (no indication of copy/paste application, compliance with word/page limits, justified budget, IRB approval)
2. The ECCO Scientific Committee makes the selection and seeks approval from the ECCO Governing Board.
3. The award of the ECCO Fellowships will be made during the next ECCO Congress.
Deadline September 1, 2017
Purpose Promote innovative scientific research and knowledge exchange in IBD in Europe
Target audience Young scientists not older than 40 years or still training
Place of research Hosting institute outside one’s own country
ECCO Membership Required (both applicant and supervisor at host organisation)
Prize EUR 60,000
Number of awards available 2
Duration of funding 1 year
How to Apply
1. Download THIS ATTACHMENT
2. Fill the document
3. Send it to: email@example.com