Environmental and Chemical Engineering Academic Merit Scholarship
If you are commencing a full-time Bachelor of Engineering degree in the School of Civil, Environment and Chemical Engineering, this scholarship can provide financial assistance in your first year of study.
Value and duration
The scholarship provides $5000 for one year.
Number of scholarships available
The number of scholarships offered will be determined each year.
How to apply
Complete the online application by the close date. Multiple applications will not be considered; only your first application will be assessed.
Note: it is expected that the online application will take approximately thirty to forty minutes to complete. Once you have completed a question online, you cannot go back and modify your response/s. The main application questions are listed below to allow you to prepare your answers in advance (prior to starting the online application).
- What are your academic achievements, including any distinctions/awards/prizes received? (maximum 1800 characters)
- Why do you wish to study in the civil and infrastructure, chemical or environmental engineering fields? (maximum 1800 characters)
- What are your future plans and aspirations in the engineering industry? (maximum 1800 characters)
- List the technical/ software skills/ other qualifications (excluding VCE) that you have.
- Besides your VCE have you completed any other qualifications?
- What are you interests outside of school/work?
Applications will open 3 August 2015.
Applications close 4pm, Thursday 10 March 2016.
Terms and conditions
View the Coursework Scholarships Office’s Scholarships and Grants Terms and Conditions (PDF 378kb, 24p).
Applying for a scholarship is competitive and not all applicants who meet the eligible criteria can be awarded a scholarship. Eligible applicants will be ranked on how well they meet the eligibility criteria.