Engineering Practicum Summer Internship
Before you click the red “Apply Now” button above, please read all application instructions. You will need to complete Part 1 and Part 2 of the application to be considered for the program. Instructions are listed below the job description and will explain how to submit Part 1 (questionnaire) and Part 2 (resume, essay responses and transcript).
Applications are due by November 30, 2015 at 11:59pm PST. Our team will review applications on a rolling basis and will begin reaching out to candidates in October. All hiring will be completed by March 2016. Thank you for your patience while we consider your application.
Are you an aspiring computer scientist interested in developing your technical and professional skills while working on Google products and services? If you are looking for an opportunity that will bridge the gap between academic study and a professional technical internship, then spend your summer interning with our Google Engineering Practicum program.
The Engineering Practicum program is a 12-week developmental opportunity for first and second-year undergraduate students with a passion for technology -- especially students from historically underrepresented groups in the field. During the summer you will work alongside other Practicum interns on a software project, attend skills-based and professional development trainings, and receive mentorship from Google engineers. We will have cohorts across our US offices, allowing you to experience firsthand Google’s unique and innovative office culture.
The program is open to all qualified first and second year undergraduate university students who meet the below criteria. Students must be available for a 12-week internship from May 2016 to August 2016 or June 2016 to September 2016. We are committed to addressing diversity in the technology industry, thus students who are a member of a group that is historically underrepresented are specifically encouraged to apply.
- Work on a 12-week software project that you will develop in a team of Googlers and other Engineering Practicum interns. Enhance your coding with skills-based trainings; get exposed to new software tools and programming languages.
- Attend ongoing technical talks by senior Googlers and learn how to enhance your resume, tackle technical interviews, and improve your presentation and communication skills with professional development workshops.
- Receive mentorship from Google engineers, other than your manager, to guide you through your summer experience.
- Build important personal networks and friendships with a diverse group of students who share their passion for technology and computer science.
- Provide exposure into applying your computer science studies in a professional environment.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to tackle some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.