The Faculty of Arts & Humanities intends to award a limited number of Durham Doctoral Studentships (DDS) tointernational and home/EU postgraduate researchers of exceptional ability for entry in October 2017.
Durham Doctoral Awards are tenable for three years full-time or five years part-time,
and offer the following financial support package:
- an annual maintenance allowance at Research Council rates
- fees at overseas rate
In addition, departments may be able to offer paid teaching and/or research assistance opportunities.
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for candidates with the following:
- a first-class or very good 2:1 undergraduate degree;
- an MA (completed or in progress) in a relevant subject area at distinction or near-
- an outstanding academic record and research potential;
- a high-quality research project that can be completed within 3 years;
- a clear and credible link between the proposed research and the expertise of the supervisory team;
- a clear understanding of how the project fits with the research environments in which it will be carried out (you may wish to comment here on the relevance of the department, centre or institute).
To be eligible for a Durham Doctoral Studentship, you must have applied to one of the Faculty's departments for the 2017–18 academic year.
* Please note: that home/EU applicants can also apply for an AHRC Northern Bridge studentship.
** Please note: International students are not eligible for AHRC funding.
*** Please note: studentships cannot be deferred and it is assumed that successful candidates will start in October 2017.
Your prospective department will review your application and decide whether or not to nominate you for consideration by the Faculty's Postgraduate Awards Panel, which is chaired by the Deputy Head of Faculty (Postgraduate). Announcement of the results to successful candidates will be made in the week commencing Monday 16 February 2017. Successful candidates will be contacted in the first instance by email, and unsuccessful applicants will be advised of the outcome in due course.
To APPLY click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: