Dublin City University Claddagh Scholarship Programme
Dublin City University is delighted to announce that we are offering ten €1,000 scholarships through the Claddagh Scholarship Programme. These scholarships are for Chinese nationals only who are taking a place on a postgraduate degree at DCU in September 2016. The Claddagh Scholarship Program was established and organized by Education in Ireland, which reports directly to the Ministry of Education and Skills in Ireland. The Programme was officially launched by the Irish Minister for Education and Skill Jan O’Sullivan during her visit to China in October 2015.
To apply for a Claddagh Scholarship applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be citizens of and resident in China and must have applied to DCU and accepted an offer of a place to study on a full time Masters programme starting in September 2016
- Applicants must have completed a Bachelors degree by June 2016 at a recognised University in China.
- Applicants must have received (or must be expected to achieve) a minimum average result of 85% in their Bachelors degree
- Applicants must have completed an English language proficiency test within the past two years and have achieved the DCU English language requirement for their programme.
How to apply
Before applying please read the Terms and Conditions below. Applicants for the 2016 Claddagh Scholarship Programme will be required to download and complete an application form. This form must be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will not be accepted in any other format. Please ensure that you complete all sections of the form. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Assessment and Selection
Applicants will be assessed based on the information and answers they provide in the application form along with the following information which will be taken from their DCU Postgraduate Application Centre (PAC) application:
- Academic record
- Academic references
- English language proficiency
A selection committee made up of DCU International Office management and representatives of DCU Faculty will shortlist and assess all applications and determine the scholarships recipients. The selection committee decision is final.
The closing date for applications is 1st June 2016. Late applications will not be accepted.
Terms and Conditions for DCU Applicants
- The Claddagh Scholarship Programme for Dublin City University is open to citizens of China only who have applied to and accepted an offer of a place to study on a full time Masters programme at Dublin City University starting in September 2016.
- Scholarship applicants must have completed a Bachelors degree at a recognised University in China with a minimum average result of 85% or be in their final year of study with an expected final average result of 85%. Successful applicants who are completing their degree in Summer 2016 will be required to submit evidence that they have received an 85% average before a scholarship can be awarded.
- If a successful applicant does not provide evidence that they have achieved a Bachelors degree result of minimum 85% average the scholarship will be rescinded and awarded to the next successful applicant.
- When notified, successful applicants will have one week to confirm acceptance of the scholarship. Failure to confirm acceptance of the scholarship in the given timeframe will result in the rescinding of the scholarship. In the event that a scholarship is rescinded, the scholarship will then be offered to the next successful applicant.
- A scholarship is awarded on the condition of full registration and enrolment of the recipient on a full time Masters degree at Dublin City University in September 2016.
- Scholarships cannot be deferred should the student wish to defer their place of study at Dublin City University.
- Scholarships cannot be awarded in the event that the applicant must undertake a semester or year long foundation programme at Dublin City University.
- Applications will not be permitted from students already taking a foundation programme at Dublin City University.
- The scholarship recipients will be expected to act as student ambassadors for Dublin City University. Formal acceptance of a 2016 Claddagh Scholarship will be taken as agreement to participate in video, photo shoots and written profiles and to contribute to marketing material as required during your time of study at Dublin City University.
- The decision of the selection committee is final and no appeal of decision will be heard.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: