Dr Abdul Kalam International Postgraduate Scholarship - Semester 1
Dr Abdul Kalam was the 11th President of India. A distinguished scientist and aeronautical engineer by training, the Dr Kalam International Postgraduate Scholarships celebrate his commitment to education and his endeavours to support outstanding students to develop as future leaders.
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- be an international student,
- have a full/unconditional offer of admission for a full-time Masters by coursework program in the Faculty of Engineering and Information Technologies at the University of Sydney by the Scholarship application deadline,
- have achieved a distinction average (75%) or above in your undergraduate studies, and
- not currently hold another primary Scholarship from the University of Sydney.
- Not eligible for students who have already commenced their postgraduate studies in the Faculty of Engineering and Information Technologies, or transferring from another postgraduate program.
Applicants will be assessed on their academic merit. Applicants must complete an online scholarship application and include their official tertiary transcripts/results by the Scholarship closing date.
The Scholarship shall be awarded on the recommendation of the Associate Dean (Education), or their nominee.
The Scholarship is tenable for a period of one year and payments shall be made in equal instalments after the census date of each semester, or processed as a fee-waiver. The recipient will be required to pay for all relocation expenses to Sydney including airfares, Overseas Health Cover and purchase of study materials and text books.
The recipient must also maintain satisfactory academic performance deemed to be a credit average (65%) or above each semester and they must also remain enrolled as a full-time international student and must maintain their international student status for the full duration of their Scholarship.
Deferment of the Scholarship is not permitted.
Please refer to the terms and conditions of this Scholarship for a full list of the conditions that apply.
Open to All international students who have a full/unconditional offer of admission for a full-time masters by coursework program in the Faculty of Engineering and Information Technologies at the University of Sydney who achieved a distinction average in their undergraduate studies.
50% of tuition fees for a maximum of one year
Scholarships Officer Faculty of Engineering & IT PNR Building (J02)
The University of Sydney NSW 2006 Australia
T +61 2 8627 0248
F +61 2 9351 7082
2015/16 KEY DATES for Semester One 2016 applications
Friday 28 August 2015 Applications open
Monday 11 January 2016 Applications close
Monday 25 January 2016 Offers made
Monday 1 February 2016 Last date to accept or decline offer
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: