Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is pleased to announce its paid Internship Program. Interns gain practical work experience and support the work of our Communications, Development, Program, Human Resources (both for the field and the office), and Executive departments. Interns also gain a basic introduction to the field of international medical humanitarian aid and advocacy. All internships will take place in our New York office and will be paid at the rate of $10.00 per hour.
- This is a competitive program. Candidates will be selected on a merit basis.
- Due to high volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted after the application deadline.
- Internship applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Candidates may apply for more than one term, but will only be contacted regarding the most current term.
- International candidates are responsible for securing their U.S. work permit. If your CV indicates that you are not based in New York, please make sure to explicitly note in your cover letter that you will be available to move to New York City for the duration of the internship, if applicable.
- All candidates are responsible for their own accommodation (and relocation, if applicable) in New York City. If your CV indicates that you are not based in New York, please make sure to explicitly note in your cover letter that you will be available to move to New York City for the duration of the internship, if applicable.
- No calls or e-mails please regarding application status.
In addition to paid internships, Doctors Without Borders participates in work/study programs for those who qualify.
Reports to: Field HR Outreach Coordinator
Type of position: Intern, paid
Time Commitment: 20 hrs/week
Duration: 3–4 months
Location: New York City
Objective: To provide support to the FHR Outeach Coordinator and recruitment team while offering a practical learning experience to someone interested in NGO recruitment, international human resources, public events, and marketing.
Overview: The Recruitment Events Intern will have a role in planning and preparing the department's recruitment activities, speaking events, and targeted talks, including national and regional conferences. This is a hands-on position, offering the opportunity to become familiar with the tools through which MSF communicates its recruitment message to the general public. The ideal candidate will contribute creatively to new and ongoing projects, while providing logistical and administrative support to the Field HR Recruitment team.
An undergraduate or graduate student with an interest in event planning, human resources, research, or marketing would be best suited for this position.
The Recruitment Events Intern will be expected to perform the following tasks:
- Project-based planning, including research into outreach to target audiences, preparation and logistical support of recruitment events and activities, and coordinating materials for speaking events, webinars, and other presentations (70%).
- Administrative support to Outreach Coordinator, Outreach Recruitment Officers, and Recruitment Assistant (30%).
For more information click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here:
http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/work-us/work-office/office-internshipsFor more information click "Further official information" below. http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/work-us/work-office/office-internships