Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is pleased to announce its paid Internship Program. Interns gain practical work experience and support the work of our Communications, Development, Program, Human Resources (both for the field and the office), and Executive departments. Interns also gain a basic introduction to the field of international medical humanitarian aid and advocacy. All internships will take place in our New York office and will be paid at the rate of $10.00 per hour.
Objective: Under the guidance of the Direct Marketing Associate, provides administrative support for the creative, production, and fulfillment aspects of mail, digital, and telemarketing fundraising campaigns. In addition, provides administrative support for Field Partner monthly giving program and other special projects as assigned.
Overview: The Marketing Intern will support the activities of the Marketing Team. S/he will learn how an organization maintains donor relations, markets itself to donors and the public, and the general activities of a Development department. S/he will also have the opportunity, through working in the office, to learn about MSF's programs, and how it operates in the United States. This internship is ideal for anyone interested in fundraising for a non-profit, as well as the administration of non-governmental organizations (NGOs).
- Monitor field activities to appropriately represent MSF in marketing materials via: reading MSF operations and Communications reports and updates and regular attendance of BBLs.
- Assists Marketing Associate with direct mail campaigns including: proofreading, fact-checking, and researching current MSF activities.
- Assists Marketing Associate in review of digital creative checking for accuracy.
- Conducts photo searches to enhance fundraising materials.
- Enters donor information into fundraising database from reply devices and online donation forms.
- Assists in setting up interviews with MSF field staff; transcribes interviews.
- Updates and maintains MSF USA’s marketing files, both paper and electronic.
- Filing, data-entry, quality control efforts, and other administrative support tasks.
- Create a system for organizing direct marketing resources.
- Archive direct marketing samples and reports.
- Supports miscellaneous Direct Marketing Projects.
- Excellent organizational skills, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Responsible, driven, and able to work independently, with guidance from staff members.
- Strong Word skills. Excellent verbal and written communication, copy-editing, and proofreading skills.
- Strong Excel skills, able to manipulate and quality check donor data files.
- Strong database skills.
- Ability to work independently, with guidance from staff members.
- Ability to handle a large volume of work.
- Knowledge and interest of international affairs and/or activist background.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and/or Acrobat).
- Genuine commitment to the principles and work of MSF.
For more information click "Further official information" below.