Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is pleased to announce its paid Internship Program. Interns gain practical work experience and support the work of our Communications, Development, Program, Human Resources (both for the field and the office), and Executive departments. Interns also gain a basic introduction to the field of international medical humanitarian aid and advocacy. All internships will take place in our New York office and will be paid at the rate of $10.00 per hour.
Type of position: Intern, paid
Time Commitment: 20 hrs/week
Duration: 3 months–4 months (depending on term)
Location: New York City
To assist Major Gifts section of MSF's Development Team while providing basic knowledge of non-profit fundraising.
Overview: The Major Gift Intern will be supporting the administrative activities of the Major Gift Director, Officer, and the activities of the Major Gifts Staff. S/he will learn how an organization approaches and cultivates individuals in order to receive large donations. S/he will also have the opportunity, through working in the office, to learn about MSF's international programs and the role that MSF-USA plays in the MSF movement. This internship is ideal for anyone considering a career in development (fundraising), and in the administration of non-governmental organizations (NGOs).
- The Major Gifts Intern will be expected to perform the following tasks,
- Help manage major donor events e.g. mail invitations, maintain RSVP list (25%),
- Assist with large and small mailings (25%),
- Review and correct donor database records, and possibly assist in conversion from one donor database to another (20%),
- Attend BBLs, public education events, and staff and department meetings as often as scheduling allows.
- Strong computer skills (e.g. Excel, database),
- Strong organizational skills,
- Genuine commitment to the principles and work of MSF.
For more information click "Further official information" below.