Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is pleased to announce its paid Internship Program. Interns gain practical work experience and support the work of our Communications, Development, Program, Human Resources (both for the field and the office), and Executive departments. Interns also gain a basic introduction to the field of international medical humanitarian aid and advocacy. All internships will take place in our New York office and will be paid at the rate of $10.00 per hour.
To provide support to the Fundraising Events Program while offering a practical learning experience to someone interested in event production, fundraising, marketing, and development systems.
The Fundraising Events Intern will work closely with the Fundraising Events Manager offering day-to-day administrative support and meeting project-based needs as they arise. S/he will learn how an international organization approaches and manages fundraising events and will play a key role in supporting the development of the program. S/he will also have the opportunity, through working in the office, to learn about MSF's international programs and the role that MSF-USA plays in the MSF movement. This internship is ideal for anyone considering a career in events, development (fundraising), and in the administration of non-governmental organizations (NGOs).The ideal candidate will contribute creatively to new and ongoing projects, while providing logistical and administrative support.
The Fundraising Events Intern will be expected to perform the following tasks:
- Customize letters, presentations, and reports (25%),
- Assist with processing donations and updating peer-to-peer event and gift activity in the database (25%),
- Review and update event and donor database records (15%),
- Create and compile supplemental event materials (15%),
- Assist with the implementation of event logistics and planning (10%),
- Assist with carrying out large and small mailings (10%),
- Attend BBLs, public education events, and staff and department meetings as often as scheduling allows.
- Genuine commitment to the principles and work of MSF,
- Experience or interest in event management and fundraising,
- Capacity to multi-task and ability to prioritize across multiple projects,
- Strong computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Word & Excel, Google apps, constituency database),
- Ability to work in a team environment,
- Strong organizational skills.
For more information click "Further official information" below.