Doctoral scholarship in the area of Accessibility and Urban Planning
The Faculty of Design Sciences is seeking to fill a full-time (100%) vacancy in the Research Group for Urban Development for a doctoral scholarship holder in the area of accessibility and Urban Planning.
The PhD research will focus on the role accessibility plays in the daily lives of people, and on the general principles of transport justice. The project involves, besides a literature review, a qualitative study. In collaboration with the supervisor, the PhD student will design the interview strategy, carry out interviews, and analyse and report the results. The central question of this research is ‘how much accessibility do we owe each other?’..
- You prepare a doctoral thesis in the field of Urban Planning.
- You publish scientific articles related to the research project of the assignment.
- You contribute to teaching and research in the Faculty of Design Sciences.
Profile and requirements
- You hold a master degree in Urban Planning, sociology, philosophy, human geography or another relevant discipline.
- You can submit outstanding academic results.
- Students in the final year of their degree can also apply.
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy.
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- a doctoral scholarship for a period of one year
- the start date of the scholarship is in the period 1 September 2017 – 1 January 2018 and runs for one year;
- a gross monthly grant ranging from € 2.280,27 tot € 2.419,84;
- a dynamic and stimulating work environment.
How to apply?
- Applications may only be submitted online , and should include a copy of your CV and a cover letter, until the closing date 15/6/2017.
- A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications.
- The remainder of the selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection panel.
- More information about the application form can be obtained from email@example.com
- For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact Prof. Thomas Vanoutrive: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: