The Faculty of Law, Economics and Finance of the University of Luxembourg has an opening for a
Doctoral candidate (PhD student) in economics (M/F) with a specialisation in applied economics
- Ref: F2-080021 (to be mentioned in all correspondence)
- 14-months fixed-term full-time contract, renewable up to a total of 36 months, 40h/week.
- The doctoral candidate will be working within the Research Unit of the Centre for Research in Economics and Management (CREA). The doctoral candidate is expected to contribute to research projects in the area of the economics of interjurisdictional competition which includes tax competition. A focus on game theory is necessary.
- The candidate’s main task will be to prepare a doctoral thesis in the above mentioned field, under the supervision of Professors Patrice Pieretti and Benteng Zou. The thesis has to be undertaken at the University of Luxembourg but can also be part of a joint supervision with another university.
- Contribute to the teaching of classes ranging from one to three hours per week, of small group teachings and tutorials.
For more administrative information, please contact Mrs Elisa FERREIRA: Elisa.FERREIRA@uni.lu
- Master degree in economics.
- Advanced knowledge in microeconomics and good knowledge in modelling.
- Previous research and teaching experience will be considered as an advantage.
- Fluency in English.
- Personal work space at the University (full-time contract requires the doctoral candidate to work at the University premises).
- Competitive compensation.
Applications should be submitted online before April 30th, 2016, in English and must include the following:
- A motivation letter.
- A detailed curriculum vitae with list of publications and copies thereof, if applicable
- A transcript of concluded university studies.
- The name, current position and relationship to the applicant, of one referee.
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer.