The American University of Armenia is seeking an individual(s) in the areas of Student Success/Student Services to begin by August 2017. The rank and responsibilities will be commensurate with the candidates’ experience.
The individual(s) will foster an inclusive, student-centered campus culture that values community, civility, mutual respect, and collective engagement. S/he will work collaboratively with the staff, faculty, and other divisions of the institution to achieve AUA’s goals for academic achievement, student engagement and the first-year experience. S/he will oversee Student Activities (including student government, student clubs, leadership, and major campus events including orientation and parents’ programs), Counseling Services, Support for Students Returning from the Military, Academic Support Services, and other initiatives based on experience and the University’s needs. This position reports to the Provost.
- Master’s Degree, preferably in an education-related field.
- Previous and/or current professional experience in higher education (3 years minimum preferred).
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- A working knowledge of student life or other comparable experience in an educational environment (international preferred).
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of professional codes of ethics and best practices for Student Affairs professionals.
- Demonstrated commitment to the values of access, inclusion and diversity in education.
- Strong English language skills required.
- Experience in managing programs in residence life.
- Experience in managing an office of international studies addressing the needs of incoming study-abroad and summer students as well as the needs of AUA students wishing to study abroad.
- Working knowledge of Armenian.
How to apply: A letter of intent, Curriculum Vitae with the names and contact information for three referees to be sent to email@example.com with the subject heading “Director of Student Services”. Rank, responsibilities and salary will be commensurate with experience. Applications will be reviewed as received. Search open until filled. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interview.