Full-Time Professorship in Health Informatics in Germany
Deggendorf Institute of Technology (DIT) / Technische Hochschule Deggendorf (THD) announces a full-time professorship position in the field of health informatics, titled:
Professor of IT Management in Health Care
We are looking for a recognized professional for the courses of studies at the Faculty of Applied Health Sciences. A successful applicant would have:
- A master's degree in computer science or information science, and (preferably) a doctorate (PhD) in medical or health informatics, eHealth, or health IT;
- Sound theoretical knowledge and practical competences and skills in hospital information systems and electronic health records, data standards, interoperability, healthcare data management, healthcare date security and privacy;
- Broad practical experience gained through at least 5 years of professional activity (after completing university studies) in an international context, in the domain of health IT / eHealth (such as hospital IT department, CIO, eHealth project management, industry, consultancies etc.), of which at least three years have been spent outside the academic arena; proof of professional practice outside the higher education sector can be obtained in special cases by providing a substantial part of the professional activity in cooperation between the university and non-academic organization(s) over a period of at least five years;
- A good record of research experience, which is usually demonstrated by the quality of a doctorate and of the scientific publications;
- Excellent teaching capabilities;
- Good international networking and collaboration.
The prospective professor will contribute to further development of the study program Master of Medical Informatics, as well as to the establishment of the new bachelor program Health Informatics.
The assignments of the future professors will mainly be carried out at the European Campus Rottal-Inn (location: Pfarrkirchen), in cooperation with the European partner universities, mainly in English. Some activities can also take place at main campus in Deggendorf.
The position is suitable for applicants with special needs. In the presence of such applicants, preference will be given to their suitability, competence and professional performance.
Deggendorf Institute of Technology strives to increase the proportion of women in academic staff.
To apply please follow the link:
Application forms together with the supporting documents (curriculum vitae, certificates, proof of professional career and relevant professional references) must be submitted through the application portal above, no later than on September 8, 2017.
ABOUT THE INSTITUTION:
Deggendorf Institute of Technology (DIT) (German: THD – Technische Hochschule Deggendorf) strives for academic excellence and indeed ranks among the best universities of applied sciences in Germany. Founded in 1994, it is a young, modern and excellently equipped university offering relevant and practical courses set in a friendly, relaxed and safe environment. DIT supports its students with many facilities, such as student clubs, a sports programme, an inter-national office, career services and childcare centre. It is the perfect environment for students to shape their futures and move forward into academic success.
Around 6,000 students study in a range of bachelor and master level courses held in English or German, all of which are officially accredited by FIBAA and ASIIN according to international standards. DIT is committed to producing global graduates with international degrees: 165 partner universities around the world provide students with many opportunities to gain experience and earn credits towards their degree through foreign exchange semesters, internships and double-degree studies abroad. Additionally, great value is placed on German language training, which is tremendously beneficial for international students, helping them integrate easily into the Bavarian lifestyle.
The university focuses in three areas: firstly, full-time education; secondly, applied research & development; and thirdly, further education. Full-time education concentrates on the bachelor and master courses, whilst in applied research & development a vast range of research topics lead to practical scientific solutions that are used to develop new, marketable products, processes and services. In fact, many doctoral students are engaged in cooperative PhD programmes in this important field. Finally, further education is organized at the Deggendorf Institute for Further Education; its courses are geared towards students who work full-time whilst pursuing further education to advance their careers.
The European Campus Rottal-Inn is located in Kreisstadt (district centre) Pfarrkirchen, in the region of Niederbayern (South-East of Germany). It is a charming touristic town, nestled among rolling, picturesque hills, close to the Austrian border and only one hour’s drive away from Deggendorf. Attractive cities nearby are Salzburg, Regensburg and Passau, and Munich is just a 90-minute drive away. The proximity to Austria and the Czech Republic puts the district in the heart of Europe. Pfarrkirchen has excellent school and education facilities, and offers many leisure activities. In the recent years Pfarrkirchen has become culturally renowned in the area due to its exceptional art exhibitions, museum nights and numerous festivals and events throughout the year. In the summer, the old town festival tempts thousands of visitors with its multicultural culinary and musical events.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: