DAVID SAUNDERS FOUNDER’S GRANT FOR EMERGING RESEARCHERS
The aim of the David Saunders Founders Grant is to foster new research in architectural history and theory. Applications can be made to apply for funds to assist in field-work, archival assistance, printing and reproduction costs in preparation for publication. The award cannot be used to fund conference travel or registration. The Grant will total AUD$2000.
Applicants are required to be financial members of SAHANZ at the time of submission and to maintain their membership during the period of the award.
Applicants are required to be emergent or early career researchers, including postgraduate students, recent graduates and those in the first few years of full-time academic employment.
Applicants must be resident in Australia or New Zealand or, if resident elsewhere, must be proposing to use the Grant to undertake research on or of relevance to the architectural history of Australia or New Zealand.
Submission and Award Conditions:
- Project proposals must include an outline of the project, budget and its justification; proposed outcomes; and a brief CV (See Application requirements below).
- The awarding of the Grant is decided by the Committee of SAHANZ.
- Grant monies will be made available within two months at the announcement of the Grant.
- The funded research should be able to be completed in one year from the date of the award announcement. Outcomes from research are expected within two years of the award.
- At completion of the research, Grantees are required to report on the acquittal of the Grant against actual expenses, and on the status of the outcomes (i.e. the publication/s).
- SAHANZ reserves the right to have first option to publish part or all of the research results in Fabrications.
- The demonstrated ability of the applicant.
- The likely significance of the research.
- Evidence that the proposed project is achievable with this grant (i.e. not dependent upon securing additional funds).
- The likely quality and impact of the proposed outcomes.
Submission date: 1 June annually. Email submission only.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: