About the summer school
Data Science Summer School (DS3) is organised by the Data Science Initiative at École Polytechnique,
in the quiet and charming outskirts of Paris.
The primary focus of the event is to provide a series of courses covering the latest advances in the field of data science.
The event is targeted for students (MSc2, PhD), postdocs, academics, members of public institutions, and professionals.
DS3 is composed of
- tutorials on selected topics
(5-6h), accompanied with shorter talks (1h) presented by
leading experts of the area1,
- a special session on Data Science for Smart Grids, followed by a discussion,
- a round table conversation
on the Future of Artificial Intelligence,
- several networking facilities, including poster sessions2, meeting possibilities at the sponsor booths, welcoming cocktail, banquet, shuttle bus going back every evening from the Polytechnique campus.
Find the online application in the "Further official information" link below this announcement.
Getting to École Polytechnique
- Paris can be reached by train or plane. Airports: Paris, Charles De Gaulle (CDG), Paris Orly (ORY).
- It is the best then to travel to either
- Massy-Palaiseau station by RER B, and take a bus (91.06 (B,C) or 91.10, travelling time: 10-12 minutes) running directly to École Polytechnique (=”Laboratoires” de l’École stop), or
- Lozére station by RER B, followed by a good 15-minute walk.
From École Polytechnique to Massy/Paris: We run a shuttle bus at the end of every day.
Fees and application
- Students* (MSc2, PhD), PostDocs: 150€
- Academics & Members of public institutions: 250€
- Professionals: 750€
Apr. 20, 2017.
Notification of acceptance by
May 7, 2017.
For more information click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: