UNESCO CHAIR on Digital Cultural Heritage
Full Time Marie S. Curie Early Stage Researcher Position (ESR) in the field of
Enrichment of 3D volumetric data with Metadata and Semantics
Applications are invited from candidates who possess the necessary qualifications in order to fill one (1) full time Marie S. Curie Early Stage Researcher (ESR) Fellow Position in the newly established UNESCO Chair on Digital Cultural Heritage / Digital Heritage Research Lab of the Cyprus University of Technology (CUT) in the research field of Enrichment of 3D volumetric objects with Metadata and Semantics:
The selected Marie S. Curie ESR will work for thirty six (36) months within the ITN CHANGE Marie S. Curie ITN Project, an EU-funded programme bringing together eight (8) leading European Institutions as full beneficiaries and ten (10) other as partners in a transnational network, aiming at implementing a multidisciplinary and intersectorial research and training programme between academic, research and the industrial partners.
Cultural Heritage (CH) is an integral element of Europe, vital for the creation of a common European identity and one of the greatest assets for steering Europe’s social, economic development and job creation. However, the current research training activities in CH are fragmented and mostly designed as single-discipline, failing to cover the whole lifecycle of Digital Cultural Heritage (DCH) research, which is by nature a multi-disciplinary and intersectorial agenda. The CHANGE project will train a new generation of early stage researchers towards a common goal, namely the assessment of changes in tangible cultural heritage objects and their monitoring in the atmosphere and/or during their conservation treatment, using multimodal imaging techniques to complement more traditional analytical techniques. Their research will consist in optimising capture of data and their analysis, visualisation and management, to ensure a better documentation and long-term preservation of our common European cultural heritage. This work will be carried out within an interdisciplinary environment involving 5 CH and 4 ICT beneficiary institutions as well as 9 CH, ICT and industrial partners from 8 EU countries
The Applicant should:
1. Have completed at least a four or five year education cycle (e.g. Diploma in Engineering,
Master’s Degree etc) from a recognized university in Geomatics, Computer- / Electrical
Engineering Computer Science and/or Surveying Engineering with less than four (4)
years of continuous full-time research experience in the above fields, with excellent
programming skills and very good language and communication / implementation skills
2. At the time of recruitment, not have resided (or carried out his/her main activity e.g.
work, studies, etc.) in Cyprus, for more than 12 months in the last 3 years immediately
prior to the reference recruitment date.
3. Possess excellent knowledge of the English language at a proficiency level (spoken and
• Competitive salary to cover living allowance (2.701,02 Euro – gross salary), mobility (600,00
Euro) plus a family allowance (if the candidate is married: 500,00 Euro), social and health
insurance (according to the H2020 Marie S. Curie Actions Programme regulations).
• In the context of a personal Career Development Plan, opportunities for international
collaboration, attend outstanding conferences/events and exchanges to world-class academic
and industrial partners will take place.
• Registration for a PhD at CUT / UNESCO Chair on Digital Cultural Heritage, Limassol, Cyprus.
• Training in a range of state-of-the-art scientific skills, intellectual property and project
management skills and visiting GR language courses.
• Secondment placements within the network’s partners (up to max. 30/% of the training period).
Applicants are requested to submit the following:
1. Detailed EuroPass - Curriculum Vitae in English - 2 copies
2. Motivation Letter - 2 copies
3. Official certified transcripts of grades from all academic institutions of higher
education listed in his/her application, certified copies of degrees, or/and
certifications of fulfillment of the required obligations for entering a graduate PhD
programme - 2 copies
4. Official certified copies of titles in English language - 2 copies
5. Names and full address (including valid email) of three referees who, upon request,
can provide recommendation letters - 2 copies
6. Copies of any related research papers or other significant achievements/work by the
applicant - 2 copies
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: