MELLON POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP IN ENGLISH
Academic Years 2018 - 2020
Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
With the sponsorship of the Society for the Humanities, the Department of English invites applications for a two-year Mellon Postdoctoral Fellowship position beginning July 1, 2018. The fellowship offers a stipend of $50,000/year.
Cornell English department invites applications for a two-year postdoctoral fellowship in the field of literature and science. We understand this field to include or adjoin such areas as history and philosophy of science, environmental humanities, new materialism, animal studies, medical humanities, cognitive science, history of technology, science studies, information science, and digital humanities. Candidates may specialize in any literary period or genre, or work across categories. The postdoctoral fellow will join a cluster of English scholars and creative writers working in a variety of literary periods and modes who incorporate literature and science studies into their teaching and writing.
The following application materials must be submitted via Academic Jobs by November 30, 2017.
- Cover page (will be generated via your AJO account) with:
(a) Full name and home institution
(b) Date (or expected date) of Ph.D
(c) Research interest(s)
(d) Referees’ names and emails
- Curriculum vitae
- Detailed statement of research interests
- Statement of teaching experience and methods
- Course proposal with sample syllabus for introductory, 2000-level course
- Course proposal with sample syllabus for upper, 4000-level course
- One writing sample [30-page limit]
- Three letters of recommendation. Please ask referees to upload their letters directly through the link provided by Academic Jobs Online. Letters must be received on or before November 30, 2017.
For further information:
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.