Fellowship Programme in Adult Learning and Education 2017
In November 2017, the UNESCO Institute for Lifelong Learning (UIL) will offer 10 CONFINTEA Fellowships to government officials and representatives of civil society organizations working in key positions within the field of adult learning and education (ALE). The fellowships are of one month’s duration and are open to applicants from any UNESCO Member State.
UIL is an international non-profit research, training, information, documentation and publishing centre. It promotes lifelong learning with a focus on adult and continuing education, literacy and non-formal basic education. Since the CONFINTEA Fellowship Programme was launched in 2011, 32 fellows from 28 Member States have taken part. UIL seeks to ensure geographical (i.e. regional and national) and gender balance in awarding the fellowships, and particularly welcomes applicants from the Global South.
The Fellowship Programme aims to strengthen the capacities of Member States in implementing major elements of the Belém Framework for Action (BFA). Fellows are, therefore, selected on the basis of their potential to develop national strategies in support of ALE in their respective countries. A draft proposal for a national strategy is the key expected output of the programme.
Fellows will be expected to:
- draft a national strategy on ALE which will be presented to the responsible government minister on the fellow’s return;
- present the draft strategy to UIL staff for comment;
- participate in presentations and workshops during the first half of the programme;
- maintain a presence in the institute during normal working hours (i.e. Monday to Friday, 9a.m. to 5.30p.m.) for the duration of the fellowship; and
- after the fellowship, provide regular reports on the implementation of the strategy and other follow-up activities.
Applicants must submit the following documents:
- A written proposal for a national ALE strategy in line with the Belém Framework for Action (max. 3 pages).
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae.
- A covering letter.
Please submit your application by email by 15 June 2017 to the CONFINTEA Fellowship focal point, Ms Angela Owusu-Boampong, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.