The Regional Science Association International (RSAI) and the Turkish Regional Science Association (Bölge Bilimi Türk Milli Komitesi - BBTMK) invite regional scientists, economists, economic geographers, urban planners, policy makers, and researchers of related disciplines to participate in the 11th World Congress of the Regional Science Association International. The Congress will be hosted by the Turkish Regional Science Association.
The 11th World Congress of the Regional Science Association International (RSAI) will be held from April 25-28, 2016 in Istanbul, Turkey. The Turkish Regional Science Association will host the congress, and we expect the congress to attract hundreds of participants from the fields of economics, geography, planning and public policy, from different parts of the world.
On behalf of the Organizing Committee of the 11th World Congress of the RSAI, I have the honor and pleasure to invite you to Istanbul where two continents, Europe and Asia meet.
Istanbul is one of the most magical and enchanting sites of UNESCO World heritage. It is endowed with unrivaled beauty complimented by unique harmony of ancient and contemporary, oriental and occidental. The city is located at the crossroads of civilizations and is the only major city in the world built on two continents. It bridges Europe and Asia geographically and culturally. The history of the city dates back 8,000 years, and having been the capital for three successive great empires, Eastern Roman, Byzantine, and Ottoman, it has been a melting point for various cultures and religions.
The conference promises an impressive venue in the heart of Istanbul, a broad range of topics pertaining to regional science and regional policy issues and a diverse audience comprising of academics, policy makers and practitioners from around the world. We aim to organize a high quality conference that is academically rigorous, professionally relevant and socially entertaining. We also aim to make this congress a memorable and rewarding experience for all participants.
The participants will have the opportunity of complementary fun, taking pre- and post-congress tours to Aegean and Central Anatolian Regions of Turkey.
Before performing any operation related to the conference (register for the conference and/or submit an abstract), you will need to create an account on the CONFERENCE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (CMS).
To do this:
1) Go to the CMS link and click on “New user?”
2) Fill in the form with your personal information
3) Once you are done, press “Submit” and your account will be created.
Please note: All information requested in the form is mandatory, except for “Title”, “Middle Names”, “Telephone” and “Fax”. Don’t forget to give your consent to information processing and storage, and to validate the form by entering the text that appears on the image.
An abstract should be around 400-500 words, so one page in normal print, and include a sufficiently detailed description of the method, data (if relevant), and (provisional) main conclusions of the paper. Acceptance of abstracts will be on the basis of the perceived quality of the underlying papers.
No delegate should submit more than 2 abstracts.
1. SUBMITTING AN ABSTRACT USING THE CMS
A. To submit an abstract to the congress for the first time you should:
1) Log in to your account on the CMS
2) On the “User Options” menu choose “Submit New Abstract”
3) On the abstract submission form, follow the instructions available and enter all the information requested:
· Ordered list of authors
· Abstract (400-500 words)
· Select 3 Keywords from the list provided
· Select the submission type: poster (PO type), paper with discussant (PD type), paper without discussant (PX type) and paper RSAI Young Researchers Prize (PY type).
4) If you need to add a co-author to your abstract, press the “Add Author” button and enter the new author’s e-mail address. You can add/ remove authors to / from your abstract later, as long as the abstract submission period is open.
a) Make sure to check whether the co-author you are adding already has an account on the CMS. In such case you should use the same e-mail address the co-author used for her/his account. This is very important, as the system uses e-mail addresses to index information and link authors to abstracts and papers.
b) When you submit an abstract you automatically become the contact author and presenter (“speaker”) of that abstract. This can be changed later as explained below.
c) Submitting and editing abstracts is only available during the abstract submission period; please refer to the conference website or contact the conference organization if you need information on this.
B. To edit the information or authors list, or to submit a new version of a previously submitted abstract:
1) After logging in go to “User options” > “View my documents”. A list with the abstracts you have submitted will appear
2) Select the abstract which you want to edit and press “Edit” on the right side of the screen
3) A form with several tabs will appear. Use the first tab (“Document Information”) to edit the information regarding the abstract; On the second tab (“Author List”) you can add or remove authors, or change the presenter or contact author of the abstract; to do this use you should respectively:
· Select the author to be removed and press “Remove author” on the bottom of the form;
· Use the “Add” button and enter the new author’s e-mail (please pay attention to the note on a) Part A. above;
· On the last tab (“Document History”) you can see the log of operations concerning your abstract, and you can submit a new version of the abstract using the “Submit New File” option that appears below the abstract.
4) Once you are done with editing your abstract press the “Submit” or “Submit and Close” button (for the “Document Information” tab) or the “Close” button (for the “Author List” and “Document History” tabs)
a) Only Contact authors can make changes to previously submitted abstracts.
b) Submitting and editing abstracts can only be done during the abstract submission period; please refer to the conference website or contact the conference organization if you need information on this.
2. SUBMITTING A PAPER RESULTING FROM AN ACCEPTED ABSTRACT
A. To submit a paper you should:
1) Log into your account on the CMS
2) On the “User Options” menu go to “View My Documents”. Make sure that “Stage” is set to “Paper Submission” and then select (check) the title of the abstract for which you want to submit the corresponding paper
3) Press “Submit Paper” on the right side of the screen; The “Document Submission” form will appear.
4) Browse for the file with your paper and it will be automatically uploaded; press the “Submit” button in order to finish the submission.
a) Only Contact authors can submit papers.
b) You are only able to submit papers of previously accepted abstracts.
c) Submitting and editing papers can only be done during the paper submission period; please refer to the conference website or contact the conference organization if you need information on this.
B. To edit the information or the authors, or to submit a new version of previously submitted paper:
1) After logging in go to “User options” > “View my documents”. Make sure that “Stage” is set to “Paper Submission”
2) Select (check) the title of the paper you want to change and press “Edit” on the right side of the screen
3) A form with several tabs will appear. Please proceed as explained in Section 1B above for editing or submitting new versions of previously submitted abstracts (please note that some options may be disabled as they are only available for abstract edition)
a) Only Contact authors can make changes to previously submitted papers.
b) Submitting and editing papers can only be done during the paper submission period; please refer to the conference website or contact the conference organization if you need information on this.
October 5th, 2015 - Pre-Registration Open
November 1st, 2015 - Deadline for Special Session Proposals
November 29th, 2015 - Deadline for Submission of Abstracts for Special Sessions
November 29th, 2015 - Deadline for the Submission of Abstracts in General Program
December 15th, 2015 - Extended Deadline for Submission of Abstracts for Special Sessions
December 15th, 2015 - Extended Deadline for the Submission of Abstracts in General Program
December 20th, 2015 - Deadline for Congress Scholarship Applications
December 20th, 2015 - Notification of Acceptance of Abstracts for Special Sessions
January 15th, 2016 - Notification of Abstract Acceptance – General Program
January 20th, 2016 - Notification of Congress Scholarship Awards
February 24th, 2016 - Pre-Registration Due
February 24th, 2016 - Presenters Must Register
March 15th, 2016 - Advance Registration Due
April 25-28, 2016 - Congress dates
April 29th, 2016 - Post-Congress activities
Ramada Hotel *****
Konak Hotel ****
Sed Hotel ***
Please contact email@example.com for accommodation inquiries.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: