Annual Conference of the Romanian Network for Migration Studies (RoMig). ''Migration from and towards Romania. Research, Policy and Practice'', Cluj-Napoca, 5th-6th of September 2017
RoMig – the Romanian Network for Migration Studies launches a call for papers for the 1st edition of its Annual Conference "Migration from and towards Romania. Research, Policy and Practice". The conference will take place in Cluj-Napoca between the 5th and 6th of September 2017 and it will be hosted by the College of Political, Administrative and Communication Sciences (FSPAC) at the Babeş-Bolyai University (UBB).
Set up in 2016, RoMig – the Romanian Network for Migration Studies is a network of Romanian scholars with different disciplinary backgrounds who share an interest in international migration.
Keynote speaker: Oded Stark, Universities of Bonn, Tuebingen, and Warsaw; Georgetown University
The conference is open to academics, students and practitioners working in the field of migration and social integration. Scholars and practitioners are encouraged to submit papers on topics such as:
- Migration and social change/ migration and development
- Migration and transnationalism
- Migration policies and institutional practices
- Diaspora and remittances
- Migration, return and circularity in the study of Romanian migration
- Immigration and immigrants’ integration
- The link between internal and external migration
- Data sources and their uses in the study of migration
- Migration, employment and labour market
Abstracts no longer than 250 words should be submitted on-line no later than the 30 April.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: