CALL FOR PAPERS
Histories of Capitalism, 2.0
In 2014, Cornell’s History of Capitalism Initiative hosted a conference on the “Histories of American Capitalism” to showcase the deep connection between traditional subfields of social history (race, gender, sexuality and class) and the new history of capitalism. Building on the success of that conference and on developments in this rapidly-growing field, we invite proposals for panels that continue to illustrate the diversity of the histories of capitalism(s) through a variety of perspectives, including intellectual, legal, gender, environmental history, as well as the history of science and technology.
- Our invitation is open to scholars at any stage of their careers. We will accept both panels and individual papers.
- For each panel, please include a 500 word description of the panel, a 250 word description of each paper in the panel and a short c.v. for each paper giver.
- For each paper, please submit a 250 word description of the paper and a short c.v.
- To submit the paper proposals please go to http://hoc.ilr.cornell.edu/fall-2016-conference
- Submissions are due by March 1, 2016