Cities' Identity Through Architecture and Arts
Cities’ Identity became a pressing issue for many countries nowadays. Every city has its unique and valuable identity, this identity is revealed through its physical and visual form, it is seen through the eyes of its residents and citizens. The city develops over time, and its identity evolves with it. Reflecting the rapid and constant changes the city is subjected to, Architecture and Arts are the embodiment of the cultural, historical, and economical characteristics of the city.
Urban Identities: the conference will present & discuss examples and tendencies in dealing with urban identities as well as the transformation of cities and urban cultures mentioned in terms of their form, identity, and their current art.
- Architectural Identity and Globalization.
• Artistic Heritage and its Impact on Contemporary Arts.
• Art and Cultural Identity.
• The Correlation Between Architecture and Arts.
• Artistic Identity in Globalization Context.
• Architecture and Arts in Cultural Transformation Age.
• Planning and Development for Maintaining and Reviving the Historical Areas.
• Analysis of the city’s Planning and Aesthetics Design (Morphology -Spaces and Aesthetics).
- City as a Scene.
• Urban Form and Art.
• The City’s Image and Self-Identity.
• Spaces in Contemporary Arts.
• Landscape in History and Arts.
• The Importance of the City and its Users.
• Religion and Culture: Creating Cities.
- City as organism.
• Urban Growth and Controlling Urban Sprawl.
• Urban Morphology and Urban Regeneration.
• Slums and Urban Fringe Belts.
• Urban Aesthetics and New Developments in Urban Design.
- City as a Subject.
• Cities and their Psychology.
• Contemporary Art in Modern and Historical cities.
• Re-Imagining Cities.
• History of Future Cities, & the Future of Historical Cities.
• Retrofitting of historical buildings.
• Human Interaction& Experience with the City.
• Culture Tradition, & History: Developing Cities.
- Planning & Approaching the City.
• Cities & Sustainable Transformations.
• Smart & Future Cities.
• Urban Morphology: Shaping the City and its Culture.
• Ideologies & Movements: Shaping the City and its History.
• Multicultural and Interdisciplinary Approaches.
• Conservation of Architectural and Historical Cities.
• Policies & Guidelines and how Communities are developed.
To APPLY click "Further official information" below.