We encourage experienced researchers, young scholars, as well as PhD students to focus on the following issues:
A) METHODOLOGY-CURRENT STATE OF RESEARCH-PERSPECTIVES:
- methodology of gender studies,
- difficulties and obstacles in studies on social roles,
- current state of research regarding social roles,
- new themes and research perspectives;
B) ACTIONS AND MOTIVATIONS:
- uncommon actions taken by women/men,
- circumstances under which one might/was forced to play an untypical role, traditionally assigned to the opposite sex
- motivation to act against the formulaic schemes,
- strategies for action,
- factors determining success/defeat;
- behavior and emotions of people who were undertaking activities characteristic for the opposite sex,
- “import” of attitudes resulted from traditional tasks in family and society to “new” roles,
- reproducing models of behavior characteristic for the opposite sex,
- attitudes of people performing typical roles towards these women or men who were taking actions against the conventions,
- mechanisms related to crossing the boundaries from comparative perspective (in different countries and cultures)
D) BELIEFS AND PERCEPTIONS:
- division into „feminine” and „masculine” roles and changes in their perception,
- attitudes towards women/men acting differently to adopted standards; consequences of the progressive emancipation of women,
- characteristic of groups and individuals who tried to combat stereotypical thinking about roles of women and men in society: their strategies, motivation and results of actions,
- who, for what purpose, by what methods and with what result tried to retain status quo in division into „feminine” and „masculine” social roles.
The aforementioned issues indicate the main directions of discussion, nonetheless we encourage to submit other proposals related to the main theme of the conference.
Your proposal should be submitted by August 30th, 2017
The conference will be held at the University of Wrocław – one of the biggest and the best universities in our country. It has more than 300 years long history, full of many great scholars and faculties.
The conference venue is situated in the city centre at the Historical Institute ( Szewska 49/Szewska Street 49, 50-139 Wrocław).
II. Conference languages
III. Conference fee, transport, accommodation
We do not cover costs of transport, however there is no conference fee and the conference materials, meals (lunches, coffee breaks, official dinner on the first day of the conference), as well as accommodation (2 nights) are provided.
IV. Conference proceedings
Accepted abstracts, biographical notes and e-mails adressess of participants will be published on the conference website.
Please do not hesitate to contact us in case of any questions: email@example.com
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: