The aim of awarding doctorate grants is to support outstanding graduates from all disciplines and make grant-financed doctorate study at the University of Kassel attractive. The personal support should improve the framework conditions during the phase of academic qualification and enable high quality research contributions to be made. The newly introduced awarding of completion grants supports the completion of doctorates. In particular, the aim of this is to support doctoral candidates by balancing out the disadvantages they face. The grants are part of the implementation of the concept for the promotion of junior researchers of 8 October 2012.
§ 16Applications for completion grants must contain:
- a short cover letter justifying the application,
- a printed version of the online application form,
- an exposé of the planned doctorate with information on the status of the dissertation and a detailed timetable and work plan for the completion of the dissertation,
- a statement from the supervisor of the doctorate with an assessment of the project and an estimate of the likely grade,
- a CV in tabular form,
- simple copies of the most recent university certificates including "Abitur" [German advanced level qualifications] certificates,
- evidence of the applicant's income,
- certification that the applicant has been accepted as a doctoral candidate at the University of Kassel,
- generally, a supervision timetable in accordance with the concept for the promotion of junior researchers of 8 October 2012.
Note: For the further processing of the applications, we request that where possible you submit all application documents in loose leaf form (do not attach together!) and without staples (only paperclips).
Please send paper versions of the documents to the postal address of the department. Please also send a digital copy of the documents to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
All of the documents must be summarised in one PDF files in the above mentioned order.
§ 17The Doctorate Grant Committee will only make a decision when it has all of the application documents (...).
§ 18The applicants will receive written notification of the awarding of the grant from the Doctorate Grant Committee.
(1) The doctorate and completion grants are only paid if the doctoral candidate in question is accepted by the Doctorate Committee to study for a doctorate.
(2) The doctorate or completion grant is only to be paid if the doctoral candidate in question has agreed a supervision timetable with his or her supervisor in accordance with the concept for the promotion of junior researchers of 8 October 2012.
Start of funding
In the bidding round for the summer semester, the funding generally starts on 1 October.
In the bidding round for the winter semester, the funding generally starts on 1 April.
(1) At the end of the doctorate or completion grant funding period, a report documenting the status of the dissertation must be submitted within four weeks. If the dissertation has not yet been submitted within this period of time, a statement from the supervisor on the reasons for this is needed.
(2) No later than following the completion or termination of the doctorate, the grant recipient must inform the Doctorate Committee of the results and if applicable the reasons for the termination in the form of a short summary together with a statement from the supervisor.
Deadline: 6. Mai 2016