School of American Law for Caucasus announces admission for Pre-LL.M and LL.M program with 75 % tuition fee reduction for 2016 academic year.
Two-semester Pre-LL.M Program study is based in Yerevan, Armenia and one-semester LL.M study is based in Chicago, IL, USA at Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago-Kent College of Law.
The Pre-LL.M study in Yerevan starts in February 2016. The two-day intensive lectures will be held twice a month during 2016. Throughout the Pre-LL.M study from February to December 2016 ten mandatory courses in law will be delivered exclusively by the US Professors of Chicago-Kent College of Law.
The Pre-LL.M program will be conducted only in English. Ten mandatory courses covering contemporary subjects of law are as follows: Legal Writing, Introduction to American Legals System, International Business Transactions, E-Commerce, Online Contracting, International Criminal Law, IP Asset Management, US & EU Privacy Law, US Intellectual Property Law, Comparative Law & Administrative Law.
Each component of the Pre-LL.M study - the program curricula, syllabus, reading materials, exam assignments, as well as the exam system based on the GPA standards are developed exclusively by the Chicago-Kent.
After successful completion of the Pre-LL.M study program graduate from Armenia is eligible to apply for LL.M studies at Chicago-Kent College of Law, i.e. program graduate continues LL.M at Chicago-Kent Law College in Chicago, IL, USA. The credits earned during the Pre-LL.M study program is fully recognized by Chicago-Kent College of Law. Therefore, LL.M study ends in one semester (five months) with earning of LL.M in U.S., International and Transnational Law instead of one academic year.
Besides, the students who completed the one semester at Chicago-Kent, may, up to their decision, stay for one more semester at Chicago-Kent. Nevertheless, acquiring the degree in U.S., International and Transnational Law as described above does not require more than one semester.
The candidates eligible to apply for the Pre-LL.M program in Armenia are:
- Practitioner lawyers, litigators, lawyers working in the public and private sector, corporate lawyers, notaries and practitioner lawyers from non-governmental sector;
- Bachelors of Law;
- Interested individuals who have a degree of other specialty but are holding LL.M degree and are members of the Chamber of Advocates of Armenia.
The Advantages of Pre-LL.M and LL.M programs:
- Getting benefits from Pre-LL.M study in Yerevan without leaving current jobs and changing professional lifestyle;
- Immediate or deferred continuation of LL.M study at Chicago-Kent College of Law after completion of Pre-LL.M study in Armenia;
- After completion of Pre-LL.M program in Armenia, preservation of the right to continue his/her studies in Chicago within 3 years;
- 75% tuition fee reduction for LL.M Study in Chicago for Pre-LL.M program graduates; Thus, the tuition free for LL.M study at Chicago-Kent amounts to USD 10 000 instead of regular USD 44 000;
- An opportunity to acquire US LL.M degree in one semester instead of one academic year in Chicago;
- A possibility of covering the Pre-LL.M program tuition fee in Armenia in two installments;
- An opportunity to improve English language skills during the Pre-LL.M to be prepares for LL.M studies in Chicago;
- Opportunity to get TOEFL exam Waiver;
- Tuition Fee for Pre-LL.M study in Erevan, Armenia amounts to USD 5 500.
- Tuition fee for LL.M at Chicago-Kent College of Law for Pre-LL.M Program graduate amounts to USD 10 000 instead of USD 44 000.
All applicants are required to submit the following documents electronically by December 14, 2015:
- CV in English;
- Copy of the Passport or ID;
- Cover Letter in English;
- One letter of reference must be provided in English or in Armenian with English translation with indication of the information on applicants educational or/and professional experience and/or conducted scientific activities with contact information of referee;
- Electronic copy/copies of diploma or University statement for BA in Law (bachelors degree) students.
The documents should be sent to the following addresses:
email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
The size of the submitted documents should not exceed 10 MB. After submission of the documents confirmation shall be received. Otherwise, you are advised to contact local representatives.
- Application submission: by December 14, 2015
- Notifications for short-listed candidates: December 16, 2015
- Interviews: December 21-24, 2015;
- Decision of the Selection Committee on admission: December 25, 2015
- Student-SAL Agreement Execution: December 28, 2015
- The official opening of SAL in Armenia Pre-LL.M program: February, 2016
Illinois Institute of Technology with its Chicago-Kent College of Law a leader in legal education is often recognized for scholarly excellence and distinguished by curricular innovation.
In 2015 US News & World Reports assigned the following rankings to the Chicago-Kent School of American Law among the most demanded and popular programs:
- Trial Advocacy the 4th place http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-law-schools/trial-advocacy-rankings
- Intellectual Property Law the 7th place http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-law-schools/intellectual-property-law-rankings
According to US News & World Reports Chicago-Kent, the graduate employment rate right after graduation amounts to 66.2% and 90.7% within 9 months following the graduation.
The information about the American School of Law is provided on the following websites: www.salcaucasus.ge, www.kentlaw.iit.edu
Also, visit http://www.kentlaw.iit.edu/academics/llm-programs/international-and-comparative-law/special-llm-and-overseas-training-programs.
School of American Law in Armenia, Chicago-Kent College of Law
School of American Law, Chicago-Kent College of Law
The Chicago-Kent official representation offices:
Erevan, Armenia: Koryuni 8/5, Tel: +374 093190180, Lusine Bakumyan.
Tbilisi, Georgia: Pixel Business Center, 34 Chavchavadze Ave, 4th Floor, Tbilisi 0179 Georgia. Tel: 2244080, 577 974001, 577 774030, web: www.chicagokentlaw.ge.
WATCH: What Makes a Law School Great: Inside Chicago-Kent - http://youtu.be/pKu1V5UTjUQ